Rafa Benitez

Anorthernsoul

I find the Krul situation a little strange too.

Can only assume Krul insisted on a loan move last season and Rafa didn't appreciate his lack of fight?

I think Krul has run his race here. Good keeper on his day but those days are getting fewer and I don't think he fancies competition for places. 

Darlow was responsible for a few spectacular cock-ups last season that cost us points, but he also had amazing games like the one against Forest. Good to keep as no. 2. Not sure if that's what he wants. 

6 hours ago, Rayvin said:

Kind of a bizarre thing to say actually. What did Darlow ever do wrong? He was fine last season.

Dropped some massive clangers tbf. Rafas all about trust in his players and if Darlow makes mistakes this year it will cost us more in the prem - its a good move in getting rid of Krul and Darlow imo.

1 hour ago, StoneColdStephenIreland said:

Aye I'm with him about getting on the players backs too! Sometimes it's like fans are waiting for the likes of Dummett or Colback to make a mistake just to have a go.

With Colback we're waiting on him to not make a mistake.

23 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

£12m is hardly a derisory bid that Stoke were suggesting had been made. This for a player loaned out and who performed poorly...

If Stoke have turned that down I'd be surprised. Just as surprised to see us bid £12m for a striker.

Shit journalists anyway.

I'd be more worried about Rafa's judgment if the story is true to be honest. Joselu is pants, 12m would be chucking good money down the drain. Stoke would never have rejected it either.

Luckily it is 100% made up. 

1 hour ago, acrossthepond said:

I'd be more worried about Rafa's judgment if the story is true to be honest. Joselu is pants, 12m would be chucking good money down the drain. Stoke would never have rejected it either.

Luckily it is 100% made up. 

Exactly, utter shite article. I'm not saying there's no way Rafa is frustrated or that it's all rosy behind the scenes but it's fuck all to do with Stoke rejecting what would be a fairly massive bid for a shite striker. 

The press seem to be under the impression that Rafa is constantly "furious", completely at odds with his demeanour.

Have they confused Manuel with Basil Fawlty?

The Gayle situation is a worry brought on for 30 minutes to replace Mitrovic against Mainz. On the subs bench but not used against Wolfsburg. Then today not even in rhe squad against Verona. I'm not sure playing Spurs in less than a week, relying on Mitrovic as our only striker is a good thing. I'd like to think this will strengthen Rafas hand in regards buying a striker