Rafa Benitez

Anorthernsoul

10 minutes ago, The Fish said:

No, it isn't.

A true fan will stay a true fan without conditions.

A fan throughout the good the bad and the ugly, always.

Unconditional love for the club.

A fair weather fan attaches conditions to their loyalty with some making club personnel scapegoats fort their fall into a diluted fan state.

Does anyone read Wolfies posts? :razz:

1 minute ago, wolfy said:

A true fan will stay a true fan without conditions.

A fan throughout the good the bad and the ugly, always.

Unconditional love for the club.

A fair weather fan attaches conditions to their loyalty with some making club personnel scapegoats fort their fall into a diluted fan state.

Does anyone read Wolfies posts? :razz:

"True fan", what makes a true fan? Turning up and clapping regardless of the circumstances? They're not fans, they're consumers.

Just now, The Fish said:

"True fan", what makes a true fan? Turning up and clapping regardless of the circumstances? They're not fans, they're consumers.

How many fans can say they've been a fan of a club throughout the years, seeing many different owners, good bad and indifferent?

True fans. Fans that have no conditions to their fanatical support. Unconditional fans.

Not fair weather one's.

Just now, wolfy said:

How many fans can say they've been a fan of a club throughout the years, seeing many different owners, good bad and indifferent?

True fans. Fans that have no conditions to their fanatical support. Unconditional fans.

Not fair weather one's.

Look, this is pointless. You're too narrow minded to have a conversation with.

Being a fan of the club does not mean you blindly accept what is happening to the club. In fact being a real fan means setting aside your desire to watch Newcastle United play football on a saturday to do what you can to protect the future of the club. 

Do you think Blackpool, Coventry and so on are wrong to protest the owners of their club?

Just now, The Fish said:

Look, this is pointless. You're too narrow minded to have a conversation with.

Then cease and desist and stop whining.

Just now, The Fish said:

Being a fan of the club does not mean you blindly accept what is happening to the club.

Every fan has a right to moan and nobody is saying you have to blindly accept anything. 

Like I said, your choice is to be unconditional in being a supporter and fan or you attach conditions to being one.

Just now, The Fish said:

In fact being a real fan means setting aside your desire to watch Newcastle United play football on a saturday to do what you can to protect the future of the club. 

And how do you protect the future of a club by setting aside your desire to watch?

Just now, The Fish said:

Do you think Blackpool, Coventry and so on are wrong to protest the owners of their club?

Course it's not wrong. Every fan has a right to moan if they're supporting their club.

However, being a supporter who then  decides not to support the club until the weather fairs up, is not a unconditional fan/supporter.

Quite simple really.

21 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

A true friend is one who endorses everything you do.

Fucking ridiculous isn't it?

"Is that your second pipe of Crystal Meth today Tom? Well, you crack on sunshine, I'm your friend."

I'm a good friend that gives my friend unconditional support. Methy Tom, Rapey Matthew, Stabby Ben. All of them get my unconditional support, whatever dangerous proclivities they enjoy.

Even Buttsex Martin.

19 hours ago, wolfy said:

Not fair weather one's.

No one is denying we have a few idiots amongst us.

3 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

:lol:

I'm a great friend. I even offer my support to bravado Dave 

Wanna support me? Go subscribe and rate my podcast 4 stars.

Fans can do and be whatever they like as regards their club.

All I'm basically saying is, picking and choosing when and when not to be a fan or supporter makes that particular fan a conditional fan/supporter.

Those fans that do not have any conditions attached to their support in terms of the personnel at the club are 100% true unconditional  fans/supporters.

It's a whole lot different than using the analogy of having to unconditionally support a friend who commits a heinous crime in terms of what I'm saying about the club ans an entirety.

Edited by wolfy

12 minutes ago, wolfy said:

Fans can do and be whatever they like as regards their club.

All I'm basically saying is, picking and choosing when and when not to be a fan or supporter makes that particular fan a conditional fan/supporter.

Those fans that do not have any conditions attached to their support in terms of the personnel at the club are 100% true unconditional  fans/supporters.

It's a whole lot different than using the analogy of having to unconditionally support a friend who commits a heinous crime in terms of what I'm saying about the club ans an entirety.

But that's just a patron, an atendee, someone who goes regardless of what's served up. A supporter shouts & claps for the team when its doing well but equally moans & grumbles when its not so good. 

4 minutes ago, trooper said:

But that's just a patron, an atendee, someone who goes regardless of what's served up. A supporter shouts & claps for the team when its doing well but equally moans & grumbles when its not so good. 

If you intend being a Newcastle United fan/supporter for the rest of your life then you are doing it unconditionally.

If, like you mention, that you will give it a rest until Ashley goes, it means you are supporting the club with conditions attached.

You're quite entitled to do that of course but when things pick up and good times come, I just hope you aren't one of those that pipe up with, " aye, I was there through thick and thin and stayed loyal despite some really bad times under different owners."

Because the truth would be entirely different and basically makes you a plastic fan to be fair.

I hope what I'm saying to you will dissuade you from taking that path of the plastic fan and you remain true to the club as a fan/supporter.

Not attending and being a fan aren't mutually exclusive. 

There will be Newcastle fan who don't have a problem with Ashley, but live away from the region and so cannot attend although they'd like to.

And there will be fans who love the club passionately, who used to go home and away for decades, but cannot stomach the way Ashley runs the club and so don't go. 

Then there will be a bloke who got into football because Tony Blair headed a ball at Keegan, he goes every other week because it gets him out the house, he turns up totally unaware of who Newcastle are playing and where they are in the league.

But Wolfy has declared the latter is the true fan :lol: