Rafa Benitez

Anorthernsoul

1 hour ago, Ant said:

Simeone :lol:

when he took over they were only after selling aguero and spent over £100m on players like arda turan and falcao, alderwield

after that he's spent again another 300 million over three more seasons on the likes of Griezman, Manduzsic , gaitan, carrasco,  Gamerio, Jackson Martienez etc

how the fuck do you think they got a FFP transfer ban? @wolfy you haven't a fucking clue

Who mentioned Atletico Madrid?

C'mon Rafa, heads-up, wake-up, if yer ganna mess aroond wi the line-up aal the time, gan back te basics. Out's worth a try ye knaa.

Goalie

Right Fullback                        Left Fullback

Centre Halfback

Left Halfback                          Right Halfback      

Outside Left     Inside left    Centre Forward    Insight Right    Outside Right        

Before you laugh, especially if yer not owld enough to remember, nearly all our notable big wins were with this formation, 1st Division & FA Cups.

In my early years of playing football there was no other way, everybody played that way.

For those who talk about 2 up front, how about 5.           

I think most of us said after relegation and after Rafa's meeting with Ashley in May that he must have been promised significant funds to stay on. That clearly isn't going to happen so I wouldn't be surprised in the least if he fucks off in early September. And if he does that it will be a long hard slog to stay up this season.

And I wouldn't read too much into Bishop being at the press conference. It's not like Rafa would have been intimidated by his presence and if Bishop did want to review what was said then it wouldn't have been difficult to get a tape of it.

11 hours ago, Ant said:

ah sorry i assumed it was the club where he was successful, sooo you want to go further back then, so was it the few months he spent at the previous two clubs  (one in italy can't remember which)? or was it when he walked from San Lorenzo before he was pushed when he had them free falling and was getting load of abuse for it?

or was it when he was successful with River Plate one of the strongest most well-established teams in Argentina that you're referring to where he turned their fortunes around where they had "good" players like Falcao and Sanchez

run off back to the conspiracy boards or at least out  the football section, you're beyond outta your depth

I was asked to name a manager. I named one.

It's not about running back to anywhere to do anything.

Accept what I say, or don't. 

Formations aren't static. When written down it could be a 4411 or a 4231, in that it's a 4411 when defending and a 4231 when attacking. It will be the same the entire time Rafa is here. 

I'm pinning all my hope of Rafa staying to a resignation clause in his contract.

Keegan

The award could conceivably have been higher but the panel deemed that a clause in Keegan's contract imposing a £2m compensation ceiling on any pay-off in the event of his dismissal or resignation to be enforceable.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2009/oct/02/kevin-keegan-constructive-dismissal-newcastle

Pardew

"Steve Parish met the clause in my contract and therefore I had a decision to make."

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/alan-pardew-opens-up-left-8407022

Palace triggered the £3.5 million release clause in his Newcastle contract to give him “a decision to make”.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/crystal-palace/11334443/Crystal-Palaces-Alan-Pardew-reveals-difficulties-of-Newcastle-job.html

20 hours ago, The Fish said:

Like who? Name for me a top contemporary manager that built a team of decent players into a team of top players? 

The quote above is what fish asked for, Ant.

Simeone is on the map right now as a top manager because he did exactly that.

3 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

More importantly, how can Fish think we played 4231 for 46 games last season?

As Strawb says below your post a 4-2-3-1 can morph into a 4-4-1-1 if the wingers play further back. It can also shift in 4-1-2-2-1 if one of the centre mids drop fully into a DM position and the #10 drops back into midfield as an attacking midfielder. That flexibility is probably why Benites favours the 4-2-3-1 formation.

Edited by The Fish

4 minutes ago, wolfy said:

The quote above is what fish asked for, Ant.

Simeone is on the map right now as a top manager because he did exactly that.

Ant just showed how that assertion isn't true. Pay attention.