Rafa Benitez

Anorthernsoul

Just now, Rayvin said:

Long term sure, short term not sure. Assuming they don't go down maybe ;)

To be honest though, I'm sure there'll be better offers anyway. Or he could just walk away in the meantime. I think Parky's probaby correct in that if we need bodies in January and they don't come in, then he might be off. I think the one thing keeping him here is the fans and his appreciation of the importance of football culture in places like Newcastle. We're lucky in that respect but there are bound to be limits to which that loyalty and passion and so on can be tested. In any case as loads of others have pointed out, it's fucking ludicrous playing this sort of Russian roulette with a manager of his calibre and indicates what sort of stubborn arsehole we have making the final decisions.

42 minutes ago, Alex said:

To be honest though, I'm sure there'll be better offers anyway. Or he could just walk away in the meantime. I think Parky's probaby correct in that if we need bodies in January and they don't come in, then he might be off. I think the one thing keeping him here is the fans and his appreciation of the importance of football culture in places like Newcastle. We're lucky in that respect but there are bound to be limits to which that loyalty and passion and so on can be tested. In any case as loads of others have pointed out, it's fucking ludicrous playing this sort of Russian roulette with a manager of his calibre and indicates what sort of stubborn arsehole we have making the final decisions.

Just another in the long list of examples to show how little consideration he has for dragging the club into the abyss. Someone made a point on Twitter where, even without considering player recruitment and sales, the lengths at which the club has stagnated in areas like the training ground, commercial revenue etc. is testament to just how much he is completely unwilling to spend, even the smallest amount to go further than 17th in the Premier League

34 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Just another in the long list of examples to show how little consideration he has for dragging the club into the abyss. Someone made a point on Twitter where, even without considering player recruitment and sales, the lengths at which the club has stagnated in areas like the training ground, commercial revenue etc. is testament to just how much he is completely unwilling to spend, even the smallest amount to go further than 17th in the Premier League

Also makes a mockery of his claims about sustainability etc.

Hang on a sec........

Rafa has spent close to £120 million in his time here and tbh he hasn't spent well. It's a top Championship squad at best.

Personally I think Rafa has bottled it and wants to leave, as he knows he won't get the type of cash he squandered at Liverpool.

So by not signing anyone,  he will turn round and say his hands were tied financially. Towel thrown in.

Expected more from him but closely examining his previous managerial records he hasn't been as successful as people think.

3 minutes ago, Toonaholic said:

Hang on a sec........

Rafa has spent close to £120 million in his time here and tbh he hasn't spent well. It's a top Championship squad at best.

Personally I think Rafa has bottled it and wants to leave, as he knows he won't get the type of cash he squandered at Liverpool.

So by not signing anyone,  he will turn round and say his hands were tied financially. Towel thrown in.

Expected more from him but closely examining his previous managerial records he hasn't been as successful as people think.

What do you reckon on the ice dome mate?

18 minutes ago, Toonaholic said:

Hang on a sec........

Obvious mackem is obvious

35 minutes ago, Toonaholic said:

Aye, he's shite. His La Liga titles, UEFA Cup, Europa League, European Cup, Coppa Italia, FA Cup and two UEFA manager of the year awards pale in comparison to Grayson's achievements.