Rafa Benitez

Anorthernsoul

4 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Was this the plan all along? Was Rafa put up to the Newcastle job by Staveley? :unsure: 

I was thinking about this earlier, Rafa needs his statue if true 

Edited by 247

• 3 weeks later...

Rafa Benitez asked if Jonjo Shelvey could be sold to West Ham:

“If we don’t bring in players, it will be very difficult to lose players.

“Even if they are not happy, they still have to keep working and try to give their best for this team."

Sounds likely Shelvey may not be happy here.

On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 13:45, craigc said:

Maybe rafa just not that good afterall 

In view of our position, our home record, number of losses against teams we should have beat, and in spite of the squad we have, perhaps there's some truth in that.

He has persevered with players like Perez, Diame, Joselu, who have shown little or nothing in our campaign, and not given Mitrovic a fair shake for whatever reason he has, and makes substitutions not soon enough to suit me when it's obvious a change needs to be made.

He has started players who in my opinion are not as good as those he leaves on the bench, or not even in the squad.

I expect to get a lot of stick for this but what the heck, sticks and stones, and all that shit, but slagging and criticism never hurt me, except once when a girl said my pecker was................the door is open, tin hat on!!

Baffling starting lineup today results in a good performance.  We know fuck all.

You only have to look at Stoke, one of the worst sides in the League, and realise they've got a better side than Newcastle to see what Rafa is up against.

• Like 1

Apparently, after the Man City press conference, there, as always, was a 5-10 minute off the record period where a journo asked him about Tosun going to Everton for £20 million. Rafa said "We were offered him for £12 million. If he's worth £20 million, Mitrovic is worth £25 million" :lol: 

7 hours ago, adios said:

Baffling starting lineup today results in a good performance.  We know fuck all.

You only have to look at Stoke, one of the worst sides in the League, and realise they've got a better side than Newcastle to see what Rafa is up against.

Funny I looked at the Palace lineup against Man City and thought that we’d be five places higher up the league with that side.

On 31/12/2017 at 19:08, Noelie said:

In view of our position, our home record, number of losses against teams we should have beat, and in spite of the squad we have, perhaps there's some truth in that.

He has persevered with players like Perez, Diame, Joselu, who have shown little or nothing in our campaign, and not given Mitrovic a fair shake for whatever reason he has, and makes substitutions not soon enough to suit me when it's obvious a change needs to be made.

He has started players who in my opinion are not as good as those he leaves on the bench, or not even in the squad.

I expect to get a lot of stick for this but what the heck, sticks and stones, and all that shit, but slagging and criticism never hurt me, except once when a girl said my pecker was................the door is open, tin hat on!!

Rafa is the best manager we’ve had since keegan/sir bobby 

• Like 2

Not just that but immeasurably better than we could hope for in the event he goes. Should the worst happen then the minuscule silver lining would be that weapons grade knackers like Noelie and that pissed keyboard warrior will get the manager they deserve 

• Like 1

Was listening to the Radio briefly yesterday, albeit TalkSport.  They were saying how the Toon Army loved Rafa but they didnt understand why we werent on his back after a string of bad results.  Utter bell ends just stirring shit up to entice callers in.

9 hours ago, ewerk said:

Funny I looked at the Palace lineup against Man City and thought that we’d be five places higher up the league with that side.

Sounds about right.

48 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Was listening to the Radio briefly yesterday, albeit TalkSport.  They were saying how the Toon Army loved Rafa but they didnt understand why we werent on his back after a string of bad results.  Utter bell ends just stirring shit up to entice callers in.

Charlie Prickolas was doing the same on soccer Saturday too. He was annoyed that we weren't angry about Rafas tactics and wanting him out.