Rafa Benitez

Anorthernsoul

• 2 weeks later...

Barely matters if he's not selling. The biggest irony of Ashley's ownership is that Allardyce was the perfect man for his small-time ambitions.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Alex said:

Barely matters if he's not selling. The biggest irony of Ashley's ownership is that Allardyce was the perfect man for his small-time ambitions.

Tbf, as much as i dislike this spiteful charlatan now, I do think that his early intentions were right and good. He bought the club as a plaything and to have fun. Problem was that he has no clue about running a football club and has a habit of making daft decisions.

After the Keegan fiasco and people rightly turning against him it did change. He realised that it’s not easy to get rid of the club as he grossly overspend after not caring enough about the financial state of the club. Since then he is treating the club as one of his tacky businesses.

The irony is that he is still looking for a profit and holding out for a buyer as stupid as he was.

aye, but he sacked fat sam back when i think he genuinely thought he might be a successful football club owner. he loved it at first, watching with the fans, necking pints in the stands etc

2 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

Tbf, as much as i dislike this spiteful charlatan now, I do think that his early intentions were right and good. He bought the club as a plaything and to have fun. Problem was that he has no clue about running a football club and has a habit of making daft decisions.

After the Keegan fiasco and people rightly turning against him it did change. He realised that it’s not easy to get rid of the club as he grossly overspend after not caring enough about the financial state of the club. Since then he is treating the club as one of his tacky businesses.

The irony is that he is still looking for a profit and holding out for a buyer as stupid as he was.

I would agree other than it happening a while before KK leaving. It's still ironic given he would've been the ideal manager for 9 and a bit of those 10 years with him as the owner.

6 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

aye, but he sacked fat sam back when i think he genuinely thought he might be a successful football club owner. he loved it at first, watching with the fans, necking pints in the stands etc

I know that. That makes it even more ironic though, surely ;)

3 hours ago, Isegrim said:

Can't remember where I read it but he registered nufc.direct domain name or something similar months before he bought the club. 'A bit of fun' is, I strongly suspect, another Ashley bullshit fob people off story.

2 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Can't remember where I read it but he registered nufc.direct domain name or something similar months before he bought the club. 'A bit of fun' is, I strongly suspect, another Ashley bullshit fob people off story.

John Hall has pretty much confirmed that he told him he wanted it to promote SD before he bought it

8 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Something peasepud wrote about some time ago

https://www.themag.co.uk/2017/09/must-read-mike-ashley-bought-newcastle-united-wont-selling/

I still thing things were done the right way until he started appointing and listening to obnoxious people like Wise and Llambias 

11 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

It was @peasepud, formerly of this parish.

Though given that he also registered the Rangers domain name in 2006 I’d say they did it for a number of clubs.