Rafa Benitez

Anorthernsoul

On 12/03/2018 at 21:56, strawb said:

I’m a Lascelles fan (and lejuene/Clarke tbh) but all of them are limited. The shape we play and amount of drilling Rafa puts in makes them look better than they are imo.

Still rather have these lads who are looking to improve and try hard than previous over the hill cunts mind

I think i agree with you.

Good quotes from him here.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/03/19/rafa-benitez-sends-message-mike-ashley-newcastle-future-have/

“Have I enjoyed this season? No, but maybe the word ‘enjoyment’ is different in English. I’m really pleased with my job. I like it. But enjoyment is when you score eight goals in the Champions League against Besiktas, a record.

It's hard to see us achieving anything like that with Ashley at the helm.

i'm starting to think he might see out his contract, even if ashley doesn't fuck off. he's an honourable man and he seems to have a connection with the club. leaving us in a better state than he found us, considering the lack of investment, would, in itself, be a big achievement. 

16 hours ago, acrossthepond said:

Of course that fruit loop would think Rafa is a bad manager. 

I don't even think he does. He just loves the attention it garners after a bad result

3 hours ago, Alex said:

I don't even think he does. He just loves the attention it garners after a bad result

Is he "Nuovocastrian" on twitter? 

Whoever that is wonders why people take issue with him calling the players "useless cunts" after a loss or disappointing draw. As if his was the rational behaviour of a grown man.

8 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Is he "Nuovocastrian" on twitter? 

Whoever that is wonders why people take issue with him calling the players "useless cunts" after a loss or disappointing draw. As if his was the rational behaviour of a grown man.

Different fella unless he's got another account

On 20/03/2018 at 16:15, Alex said:

He's read Gene's tweets and has decided to leave in the summer

Played football with the lad for a while. Five aside. Absolute crackerjack and no mistake.

you’d be knocking the ball around a bit ‘warming up’ and pass it to him in goal, always in goal, and 

he’d keep the fucker for ages, practising his throw outs against the wall. Off the wall and back to himself a dozen or more times.

This while the rest of us chat amongst ourselves.

• Haha 1

Innit

standard characters of any five a side set up I guess.

The lad who only ever plays upfront constantly blasting it.

the kid who had trials but fell short.

the Scott sellars

the lad who can’t play at all and you wonder why he does it to him self week after week

the cattermole 

etc 

• 2 weeks later...

I've been looking at lineups from last season and comparing it with this season and that game at the weekend contained 7 players that featured regularly last season in The Championship.

Yedlin

Lascelles

Dummett

Shelvey

Ritchie

Perez 

Gayle 

If this isn't testament to the job Rafa has done this season I don't know what is.

He's the best manager we've had since Keegan and I hope we can see what he can do given the money to add quality.

I subscribe to the school of thinking that we know what we're talking about as well, as a collective. The mackems, even still now, probably don't understand our optimism after 'winning relegation'.