Rafa Benitez

Anorthernsoul

14 minutes ago, Alex said:

He reckoned he was just going through the motions / taking it easy as he approached retirement and roundly criticised the way we were set up etc. before mysteriously choosing to tweet about other subjects since the Man Utd game at home. May have piped up again when we lost 4 on the bounce although I don't really go and twitter or read his blog very much. I only looked after it was mentioned on here. Get the feeling he's a 'contrarian'

:lol: Some people shouldn't be allowed blogs.

10 minutes ago, The Fish said:

It gets him attention.

I guess that's a fairly common thing these days, but I'm still surprised anyone would target Rafa.

I’m sure Rafa will stay (at least till contract end) if fat mike gives him the type of funds splashed in McClarens season .. Surely .. and yes I know it’s Ashley .. him saying Rafa can have the money generated means there should be at least 70-80m spare from the supposed 120m+ prem money 

26 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

:lol: Some people shouldn't be allowed blogs.

I guess that's a fairly common thing these days, but I'm still surprised anyone would target Rafa.

http://payaso-de-mierda.blogspot.co.uk/

Bitter much? :lol:

Edited by Alex
That's probably just the reaction he wants

Can't believe some would question Rafa if he went to West Ham. Whilst I don't think he'd join that shit tip of a club, it's down to Ashley for allowing fucking West Ham United, the club whose fans fight amongst each other in their athletics stadium during 0-3 home defeats to Burnley, to sniff around and tap up our manager because he wouldn't give him what he wanted, which isn't a lot. The fact that Rafa's contract talks didn't start after the Arsenal win where safety was secured and the fact that the "talks" are still ongoing shows us Ashley is just doing what he's always done, not giving a fuck. 

The size of the budget I don't think is an issue, it's whether hypothetically if he wanted spend all of a, say, £80m budget on 1 or 2 players, would he be allowed to do it? Would the club dither on deals like they did on Caballero and Abraham in the summer? Trust is eroded. If a new contract is signed then Rafa has full control assured in writing; if he's fucked around again he can sue for constructive dismissal. 

I don't think he'll leave us for West Ham btw, but the fact it's been allowed to get to this point shows the leopard never changes it's spots. Though we knew that already, didn't we. 

• Like 1

The sex toy twins at West Ham might actually be worse than Ashley. We finished 3 places higher than West Ham, their squad is littered with overpaid trash, their stadium is a gigantic mistake, and their fans are best left unmentioned.

If Rafa wants to go he'll do much better than Tweedledum and Tweedledildo.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Can’t see him going to West Ham, it’s further from his family, the club is in a rank spot with the stadium, and he’ll feel he has a strong bargaining position at NUFC due to the esteem the fans and players hold him in (obviously that might not count for much with Ashley). He’d basically have to build all that back up again at West Ham. Everton is obviously a non starter as it’s likely damage his relationship with Liverpool, and he’s belittled Everton in comments in the past. 

The only way I see him leaving is if he gets completely sick of Ashley and can’t see himself carrying on, or a far bigger club comes in for him that he feels is worth disrupting his family life for. 

Funny that the mackems have a 20 page thread about this btw, I thought he was fucking shite? It’s odd that they can’t wrap their heads around why we hold Rafa in such high regard yet they’re borderline obsessed with a fat, arrogant, bully who was at their club about 10 month had them 2 points off the drop and fucked them off immediately. I actually saw comments where mackems were saying Benitez’s style of football is exactly the same as Allardyces, with that complete lack of understanding of the game of football you can see why they rate Allardyce in the face of literally every shred of evidence pointing to how wank he is. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It’s difficult to read the tea leaves at this point. I would understand Rafa leaving if the heirarchy show zero ambition in the summer. It’s also entirely possible he may decide to see out his last year even if the club won’t back him properly in the transfer market. That would be put some pressure on Ashley, not that the chubby funster would give a toss.

16 minutes ago, Howay said:

Can’t see him going to West Ham, it’s further from his family, the club is in a rank spot with the stadium, and he’ll feel he has a strong bargaining position at NUFC due to the esteem the fans and players hold him in (obviously that might not count for much with Ashley). He’d basically have to build all that back up again at West Ham. Everton is obviously a non starter as it’s likely damage his relationship with Liverpool, and he’s belittled Everton in comments in the past. 

The only way I see him leaving is if he gets completely sick of Ashley and can’t see himself carrying on, or a far bigger club comes in for him that he feels is worth disrupting his family life for. 

Funny that the mackems have a 20 page thread about this btw, I thought he was fucking shite? It’s odd that they can’t wrap their heads around why we hold Rafa in such high regard yet they’re borderline obsessed with a fat, arrogant, bully who was at their club about 10 month had them 2 points off the drop and fucked them off immediately. I actually saw comments where mackems were saying Benitez’s style of football is exactly the same as Allardyces, with that complete lack of understanding of the game of football you can see why they rate Allardyce in the face of literally every shred of evidence pointing to how wank he is. 

But he relegated us.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Alex said:

But he relegated us.

:lol: 

Didn’t they rate Moyes as better than Benitez when he first took over? They fucking wonder why we see them as obsessive shite talkers. 

I’ve no doubt Rafa will try and use this as leverage over Ashley so expect there to be a lot more coverage of this link. Rightfully so mind as Ashley is being a ridiculous cunt as usual, just be open with the bloke and set him a transfer budget that is truthful and is actually stuck too. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Howay said:

Didn’t they rate Moyes as better than Benitez when he first took over? They fucking wonder why we see them as obsessive shite talkers. 

I’ve no doubt Rafa will try and use this as leverage over Ashley so expect there to be a lot more coverage of this link. Rightfully so mind as Ashley is being a ridiculous cunt as usual, just be open with the bloke and set him a transfer budget that is truthful and is actually stuck too. 

NIMUOgB.jpg

W2OntUy.jpg?1

• Haha 1

The argument that he'll be far from his family is a weak one.  Without even looking at long term charters, putting on a private helicopter from Liverpool to London is only 10k a week return and less than two hours.    The figures he'd move for would make this peanuts if it was a game changer.

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

Surprised enough to click a link? 

On 13/05/2018 at 19:09, zerosum said:

hmm .. pretty sure he lived up battle hill when he was a nipper (i was only 11 at the time so might be hazy memory ha).

Alan Thompson definitely went to Willington high school.  He was a couple of years above me there.

I can understand why Rafa would be so fucked off with Ashley that he wanted away but I would be a bit disappointed if he went to West Ham.  Them two are as big a pair of clowns as Ashley is.  The only difference is they promise the earth and deliver fuck all.  Ashley doesn't bother promising anything.  I think he'd be on to a losser if he went there but it just shows how much of a cunt Ashley is that we have to be worried about it at all.  Mind you, I wouldn't be at all surprised if it's not just Rafa using West Ham as a bargaining tool with Ashley.  Risky game if he is.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Howay said:

Some rated Grayson above Rafa iirc :lol: :lol: :lol:

1 hour ago, Haydnator said:

Can't believe some would question Rafa if he went to West Ham. Whilst I don't think he'd join that shit tip of a club, it's down to Ashley for allowing fucking West Ham United, the club whose fans fight amongst each other in their athletics stadium during 0-3 home defeats to Burnley, to sniff around and tap up our manager because he wouldn't give him what he wanted, which isn't a lot. The fact that Rafa's contract talks didn't start after the Arsenal win where safety was secured and the fact that the "talks" are still ongoing shows us Ashley is just doing what he's always done, not giving a fuck. 

The size of the budget I don't think is an issue, it's whether hypothetically if he wanted spend all of a, say, £80m budget on 1 or 2 players, would he be allowed to do it? Would the club dither on deals like they did on Caballero and Abraham in the summer? Trust is eroded. If a new contract is signed then Rafa has full control assured in writing; if he's fucked around again he can sue for constructive dismissal. 

I don't think he'll leave us for West Ham btw, but the fact it's been allowed to get to this point shows the leopard never changes it's spots. Though we knew that already, didn't we. 

I don't think the ownership at West Ham have proven to be any better than Ashley, and in some ways worse, according to what I've seen from their fans. If he goes to Arsenal then yeah, I get that. If he goes to West Ham then yeah, I'll be disappointed in his judgement. He'd be there less than two years IMO.

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

Even the West Ham fans don't seem to be buying it. Which is really saying something.

Their owners are cunts as well mind. I too have seen West Ham fans saying it's all the club putting stories in the press about how much they want Rafa, so they can claim "we tried" when/if they don't. A mantra we're quite accustomed to actually. Everton did it this season: claiming Simeone was "on their list" yet ending up with Lardiola.

Edited by Haydnator

4 hours ago, David Kelly said:

Alan Thompson definitely went to Willington high school.  He was a couple of years above me there.

I can understand why Rafa would be so fucked off with Ashley that he wanted away but I would be a bit disappointed if he went to West Ham.  Them two are as big a pair of clowns as Ashley is.  The only difference is they promise the earth and deliver fuck all.  Ashley doesn't bother promising anything.  I think he'd be on to a losser if he went there but it just shows how much of a cunt Ashley is that we have to be worried about it at all.  Mind you, I wouldn't be at all surprised if it's not just Rafa using West Ham as a bargaining tool with Ashley.  Risky game if he is.

I went to Willington but probably left when he arrived .. I can just remember him from down the bottom of battle hill .. some kids saying how good he was at footy