Rafa Benitez

Anorthernsoul

Would they do that if they hadn't received assurances from Rafa's people?

Have a bad feeling about this. West Ham are a non entity of a club but i guess we dont know what Ashley has said to Rafa behind the scenes.

Many a tear-drop will fall, 'but it's all in the game'.

If Rafa goes, he goes, it's all in the game, but I will not be a happy camper if he does, for whatever reason.

If he stays, he stays, it's all in the game, and aa will be ower the moon like if he does, for whatever reason.

I think that if he does leave it will be for all the right reasons, he's already proven he doesn't desert a sinking ship when he stayed with us after relegation.

I don't think he's driven by financial gain, but more by challenges and promises of support, something lacking at the Toon.

4 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Noelie you think his team have been mostly shit this season :lol:

50-50 which accounts for mid-table position.:razz:

However, hard to say it was his team when he didn't get the funds or support to bring in the players he wanted.

Rafa won’t ditch us for West Ham will he? I don’t think anyone would begrudge him for taking the arsenal job or something of that stature, but West Ham ffs? 

Ashley cares even less than I thought if he lets that happen.

If he does like most on here I will lose some respect for him. Out of the frying pan and into the fire. They're a fuck all club. 

I fully understand Rafa's frustrations but to them with owners on similar reputations as that fat cunt? Seriously? 

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

If he does like most on here I will lose some respect for him. Out of the frying pan and into the fire. They're a fuck all club. 

I fully understand Rafa's frustrations but to them with owners on similar reputations as that fat cunt? Seriously? 

Aye, I'll be really disappointed if Rafa walks out on us for West Ham. Will take a lot of the gloss off his time here.

What do we expect though? The heart of this club remains rotten as it has been for ten years now. It will always stifle itself.

I’d be disappointed if he went for West Ham but couldn’t blame him as it would obviously mean he got the assurances from West Ham that he couldn’t get here.

And given the respective size of the clubs and the wealth of their owners would be an absolute disgrace.

Honestly it’s so fucking frustrating. By any measure Benitez is a very good if not great manager. They’re as rare as rocking horse shit. He could transform this club at every level. We shouldn’t even have to worry about him leaving, he  should be locked in for the next 5 years

Edited by Kitman

2 hours ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

Where would we finish if Rafa was given £100m.Two,maybe three places higher.£3m or so extra sky money.Those sums won't add up in Ashley's mind.

It's not about fiinishing 8th 9th 10th etc, it's about avoiding being in a relegation struggle season after season.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Tdansmith said:

It's not about fiinishing 8th 9th 10th etc, it's about avoiding being in a relegation struggle season after season.

totally agree, but i doubt that's how the fat twat sees it. essembee is right there. he'll probably gamble losing rafa by thinking he can get away giving him fuck all to spend again because his coaching ability alone is enough to see us comfortably safe, which it probably is. 

Edited by Dr Gloom

West Ham announcing that they're going to make the appointment by Wednesday doesn't really fit with it being Rafa.  I can't see how they could be so confident of sorting stuff out with him (if he was being truthful when he said he was only talking to us) let alone fatty by then.

55 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

West Ham announcing that they're going to make the appointment by Wednesday doesn't really fit with it being Rafa.  I can't see how they could be so confident of sorting stuff out with him (if he was being truthful when he said he was only talking to us) let alone fatty by then.

Doubt it's Rafa then. 

7 hours ago, Tdansmith said:

It's hard to plan on finishing 17th.If it was easy Ashley would go for it.A figure of £100m is being mentioned regarding Rafa's transfer kitty,that's why I mentioned that amount.

29 minutes ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

It's hard to plan on finishing 17th.If it was easy Ashley would go for it.A figure of £100m is being mentioned regarding Rafa's transfer kitty,that's why I mentioned that amount.

I get your point mate, all i was trying to say was if the fat controller doesn't invest serious money on players it's just a matter of time before we get relegated again. You'd think such a so called successful business man like him would learn from his mistakes. 

• Like 1

On 18/05/2018 at 17:19, Tdansmith said:

I get your point mate, all i was trying to say was if the fat controller doesn't invest serious money on players it's just a matter of time before we get relegated again. You'd think such a so called successful business man like him would learn from his mistakes. 

Aye, especially with an inferior manager to Rafa 

On 18/05/2018 at 17:19, Tdansmith said:

You would,yes,but Ashley is a chancer,a gambler,and as long as we bounce back at the first attempt,it's probably a risk ( not investing heavily ) worth taking again.