Rafa Benitez

Anorthernsoul

32 days of the season left & Rafa's still waiting on a reply from Ashley. I can see this turning into a similar situation Shearer had with Ashley were he was frozen out.

Edited by trooper

4 hours ago, trooper said:

32 days of the season left & Rafa's still waiting on a reply from Ashley. I can see this turning into a similar situation Shearer had with Ashley were he was frozen out.

Tbf to The Fat Cunt, he’s busy fighting over wanting to buy yet another failing High St. chain to further expand his Empire of Cuntery. 

Why the fuck would he bother with us? :D

4 hours ago, trooper said:

After the demands he made today it’s pretty certain that Ashley rather appoints Joe Kinnear than giving Rafa a positive answer.

The only way to success is for dear Mr. Ashley to get rid of Benitez, replace him with good ol' Joe Kinnear, appoint the brolly-boy MaClaren as his assistant, bring back the great Pardoo as coach with Carver as his aide, and cap it all by appointing Denise Wise as technical director of everything. With the installation of this very kind of managerial management managers how can dear Mr. Ashley not manage to find success sometime, somehow, somewhere. After saying all that, yes I am fucking old, perhaps in the early stage of dementia but, c'mon, I've got nowt better to do than compose drivel in my spare time.:D

It's not looking good is it ?

George Caulkin at The Times:

‘Rafa Benítez has had no response from Newcastle United three weeks after telling the club’s hierarchy what it will take to keep him at St James’ Park beyond the end of this season.

At Newcastle’s request, the manager submitted a wishlist in the week before their Premier League fixture at Arsenal on April 1, in the expectation that they would form the basis of contract negotiations. As of last night, he was still awaiting a reply, causing Benítez to seek clarification from the club; with only four games still to play, the clock is ticking.

Three weeks after submitting his contract wish list to Newcastle United (at their request), Rafa Benitez has heard nothing back.

Have avoided incremental updates like this as far as possible but the clock is ticking.

Hopefully there will be a positive response from the club; Lee Charnley is doing media briefings this week (not with me) on the club’s accounts and I’m sure he’ll be pushed on Rafa’s future.

17 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Charnley seems the kind of bloke to let things fall ridiculously behind so he’s probably still opening e-mails from February at the minute.

True but this has all the hallmarks of what happened with Shearer

The only way I can see him being here is if we were taken over. I think the fact Rafa isn’t hearing any response to his requests is pretty damning. 

If if he goes we’ll go down imo, there aren’t many managers which could get this sort of defensive solidity out of this squad (certainly none we’d get) and without Rondon our forward line is very weak without that focal point. 

What a stupid way to run a club. Put a useless bumhole in charge as MD, hobble the club’s commercial income and starve the best manager we’ve had in many years of the modest amount of cash needed to keep him happy. Then don’t communicate with him at all, to the point he’ll walk when his contract is up, inevitably exposing the club to relegation next season and a huge financial loss. Then they’ll throw money at winning promotion again.

The whole thing is ridiculous. We’re being run like a fucking corner shop.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Howay said:

The only way I can see him being here is if we were taken over. I think the fact Rafa isn’t hearing any response to his requests is pretty damning. 

If if he goes we’ll go down imo, there aren’t many managers which could get this sort of defensive solidity out of this squad (certainly none we’d get) and without Rondon our forward line is very weak without that focal point. 

Not to mention that most of the squad will be on their bikes, anyway, so it will be a case of getting defensive solidity out of worst players. :mad:

• Like 1

Rafa's been waiting a month so far for answers 

"I don’t want to give too much information.

All I will say is that we had contact behind the scenes because we couldn’t be talking every week about our conversations. I was saying, ‘Concentrate on that, make sure we are safe’, but at the same time, we will do what we have to do. Now, we are in the same position we were in one month ago. That is it. Waiting for answers"