Rafa Benitez

Anorthernsoul

On 1.5.2019 at 15:29, Isegrim said:

I think they are delaying the foreseeable decision just to make sure all the anger will happen during the summer break and hope that the protests will fade out until the start of next season. 

They probably will throw in a fake take over story as well.

I am Spartacus... err ... Nostradamus.

• Like 1

This from The Chron...

Talks between Newcastle and Benitez are now believed to be concluded and it is now down to the former Liverpool boss to decide whether he can work with the terms offered.

It is understood that United are now waiting for Benitez to get back to them with a final answer.

Why offer him the take it or leave it when there is supposedly a takeover happening? wouldn't it have been better to tell Rafa to hold out until the death and see what the new owners want to do? this says it all regarding the takeover, it aint happening.

7 minutes ago, @yourservice said:

Why offer him the take it or leave it when there is supposedly a takeover happening? wouldn't it have been better to tell Rafa to hold out until the death and see what the new owners want to do? this says it all regarding the takeover, it aint happening.

Yep

Didn't the guys spearheading the takeover say that they wouldn't get it done until long after Rafa's contract is sorted out? Not sure this demonstrates anything, with that in mind.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Didn't the guys spearheading the takeover say that they wouldn't get it done until long after Rafa's contract is sorted out? Not sure this demonstrates anything, with that in mind.

So why are the club waiting on a decision when the alleged new owners reportedly dont want him. There's a rabbit off here like.

9 minutes ago, trooper said:

So why are the club waiting on a decision when the alleged new owners reportedly dont want him. There's a rabbit off here like.

I was under the impression the alleged new owners had simply revealed that they weren't too bothered if he left. Also, I feel like that was something that the journos claimed, rather than was actually announced (although I could be wrong).

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Howay said:

It could also be a complete load of bollocks from the Chronicle. 

It probably is, but with 18 days since Ashley/Charnley & Rafa had The Meeting. I think we're at the point were stuff might start getting leaked, if neither party release a statement. 

Yeah that's possible for sure. It would be grimly hilarious if we managed to go from Rafa staying and a billion pound takeover to Ashley for another decade and someone like Tony Pulis :lol:

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

Yeah that's possible for sure. It would be grimly hilarious if we managed to go from Rafa staying and a billion pound takeover to Ashley for another decade and someone like Tony Pulis :lol:

Yeah hahaha :(

• Haha 1

Everything about this takeover screams fake to pressure Rafa. I hope he leaves.

Won't be done before June 30th.

Wenger or Mourinho.

Club no comment.

Take it or leave it contract offer.

I fuckin hope this all backfires spectacularly for him. 

3 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

I think the interest and offer from BZG are genuine. Ashley is unlikely to sell to anyone though. He’s the piss taker, not the Arabs or the media. 

Disagree, all the noises are conveniently coming from BZG side so that the club can protest innocence when it falls through. One big stinking set up to aid Rafa negotiations 

13 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Disagree, all the noises are conveniently coming from BZG side so that the club can protest innocence when it falls through. One big stinking set up to aid Rafa negotiations 

Do BZG strike you as piss takers then? 

Their statements have been clear and to the point, proof  of funds was provided in May, a price has been agreed. Ashley now has to agree to actually sell the club. If it doesn't happen its completely on Ashley. 

13 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Their statements have been clear and to the point, proof  of funds was provided in May, a price has been agreed. Ashley now has to agree to actually sell the club. If it doesn't happen its completely on Ashley. 

Well nobody even knows who Khaled is, or what he's worth, surprising for supposed royalty. The recruitment page on their website is an email address. They've been releasing stuff to media sources that would surely be subject to a NDA. Then there's the Liverpool thing.

They're not that convincing to me.

15 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Well nobody even knows who Khaled is, or what he's worth, surprising for supposed royalty. The recruitment page on their website is an email address. They've been releasing stuff to media sources that would surely be subject to a NDA. Then there's the Liverpool thing.

They're not that convincing to me.

That’s pretty much entirely untrue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not arguing with why people have doubts, but there's a frankly amazing number of people who think that just because you're a billionaire, you shouldn't have a care in the world about dropping £25m just to start a conversation about a sale...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

Funds provided,  price agreed but they've not said they've put in a bid for the club. Until that happens I'm reluctant to take this seriously 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, trooper said:

Funds provided,  price agreed but they've not said they've put in a bid for the club. Until that happens I'm reluctant to take this seriously 

If they've agreed a price would that not indicate that is actually "their bid"? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rayvin said:

Not arguing with why people have doubts, but there's a frankly amazing number of people who think that just because you're a billionaire, you shouldn't have a care in the world about dropping £25m just to start a conversation about a sale...

Aye, trusting £25m to a foreign investment bank to have a conversation with reluctant sellers. On top of that it was a joint bid so there may have also been a disagreement of how much each side put in for the £25m. 

42 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

If they've agreed a price would that not indicate that is actually "their bid"? 

The sheik says " they've agreed a price"  to me that means they've agreed the clubs worth £350 million. Now whether they bid that amount remains to be seen. Or even if they make a bid.