Rafa Benitez

Anorthernsoul

53 minutes ago, RobinRobin said:

Remember when all was sunny with an imminent takeover, Rafa taking us forward, and Sun'lun losing in the playoffs? :( 

:lol: Aye what a great few days that was, and there were still people then telling us it wasn't going to happen and continuing to be miserable etc and so on.

Well they were right, but at least I got to have a few days there where I enjoyed the news about the club so fuck it. ALWAYS GET HYPED UP FOR THE GOOD NEWS!

• Like 2

At the minute I don't care who we get as long as we get someone, we can't go on rudderless,  we're certainly up a creek and need a paddle or two.

We've had some,  and suffered some, dodgy managers over the years so chill out,  the devil you know could be better than the one you don't.

If it turns out to be Bruce(I don't think it will) we have to give him a chance and our support just like we should whoever it turns out to be.  The boos can come later.

9 hours ago, Noelie said:

At the minute I don't care who we get as long as we get someone, we can't go on rudderless,  we're certainly up a creek and need a paddle or two.

We've had some,  and suffered some, dodgy managers over the years so chill out,  the devil you know could be better than the one you don't.

If it turns out to be Bruce(I don't think it will) we have to give him a chance and our support just like we should whoever it turns out to be.  The boos can come later.

No. Just no. Anybody giving this club any support now is a fucking scab

Why give Bruce any support? He knows exactly what he’s doing by taking this job, there’s no way he thinks we’ll be kicking on up the league, or that it’ll be a step in his development as a manager, it’s just one final PL season with the money that comes along with it. He’s a shite manager, he’ll be shite for us, the football will be shite, and we’ll be odds on for relegation. 

• Like 2

Bruce is an irrelevance I agree. The club is dead, has been for years but we've kind of plodded on getting excited the odd time despite it. Fuck it. It's dead till fat man is dead as I don't believe the cunts going anywhere while he breathes. Just talking to a pal and we remembered getting patronised about Ashley being a businessman and us being dinosaurs by a young fucking divvy a few years ago now. The club's not our club and despite not wanting to sound like some of these 'it'll kill me not being a season ticket holder' whoppers, (who the fuck had a season ticket a few years ago and why do some wank about it?), it will seem strange not actively watching our games or taking much notice or even punching the air when Joselu/whoever gets a lucky break and scores. The man is 100% the worst thing to happen to NUFC in it's history so fuck you very much john hall for that final cash-in, any good work gone up in smoke you thatcher loving bullshit merchant.

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Bruce is an irrelevance I agree. The club is dead, has been for years but we've kind of plodded on getting excited the odd time despite it. Fuck it. It's dead till fat man is dead as I don't believe the cunts going anywhere while he breathes. Just talking to a pal and we remembered getting patronised about Ashley being a businessman and us being dinosaurs by a young fucking divvy a few years ago now. The club's not our club and despite not wanting to sound like some of these 'it'll kill me not being a season ticket holder' whoppers, (who the fuck had a season ticket a few years ago and why do some wank about it?), it will seem strange not actively watching our games or taking much notice or even punching the air when Joselu/whoever gets a lucky break and scores. The man is 100% the worst thing to happen to NUFC in it's history so fuck you very much john hall for that final cash-in, any good work gone up in smoke you thatcher loving bullshit merchant.

cant disagree with much of that, but maybe even john hall didn’t think things would get this bad! I friggin didn’t .. 

5 minutes ago, zerosum said:

cant disagree with much of that, but maybe even john hall didn’t think things would get this bad! I friggin didn’t .. 

I think he didn't give two shiny shites what would happen under Ashley as long as he got his last NUFC pay day.

• Like 2

Just now, Howmanheyman said:

I think he didn't give two shiny shites what would happen under Ashley as long as he got his last NUFC pay day.

yeah I didn’t say he cared, just probably didn’t envisage this shit show.  like us all 

I think we can safely say.. 100%.. without question.. the club is not being sold then .. or bruce wouldn’t be arriving. I think that was probably our best chance of a sale. We are stuck with the fucker now 

I love that the Chronicle are giving by the minute updates and tweets constantly about the IMMINENT signing of Bruce. Who fucking cares :lol:. They’re reading the mood about as well as Taylor did after he scored that shit header against Cardiff and went mental. 

Edited by Howay
  • Haha 6

4 hours ago, Howay said:

I love that the Chronicle are giving by the minute updates and tweets constantly about the IMMINENT signing of Bruce. Who fucking cares :lol:. They’re reading the mood about as well as when Taylor did after he scored that shit header against Cardiff and went mental. 

They're a propaganda rag. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Howay said:

Why give Bruce any support? 

Howay man,  if Bruce gets the job,  any sensible Newcastle supporter will want him to do well regardless of what they think of him as a person,  his managerial record, and his granny-face.

YES we want rid of Ashley, but in reality we want our team to do well and avoid relegation, move up the table, and whoever gets the job should be given support, whether you like him or not.

He represents Ashley's model in such undiluted shitness that no, he does not deserve any support. Change needs to be forced, he needs to be out of the club because crap, old managers ready for the knacker yard like Pardew, McClaren, Bruce and Carver would never be anywhere near a club that has any hope of progressing and growing whatsoever. They're built-in custodians of clubs circling the drain with no honours or successes to note. They're symptomatic of everything that needs to change in the approach and running of the football club. This is bigger than us fumbling our way to 40 points every year.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

11 hours ago, Howay said:

I love that the Chronicle are giving by the minute updates and tweets constantly about the IMMINENT signing of Bruce. Who fucking cares :lol:. They’re reading the mood about as well as Taylor did after he scored that shit header against Cardiff and went mental. 

The chronicle is an absolute joke. The diary piss take doesn't get done without any material to work with let's be honest. :lol:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

He represents Ashley's model in such undiluted shitness that no, he does not deserve any support. Change needs to be forced, he needs to be out of the club because crap, old managers ready for the knacker yard like Pardew, McClaren, Bruce and Carver would never be anywhere near a club that has any hope of progressing and growing whatsoever. They're built-in custodians of clubs circling the drain with no honours or successes to note. They're symptomatic of everything that needs to change in the approach and running of the football club. This is bigger than us fumbling our way to 40 points every year.

Spot on. Hall even alluded to it very early on that he'd use NUFC as a vehicle for his business. He's sucking NUFC dry and been diminishing it from day one and when there's nothing left to suck dry he'll wind it up and move on squeezing the last dregs out of it to chancers like the Del boy characters at Sunderland.

6 hours ago, Noelie said:

Howay man,  if Bruce gets the job,  any sensible Newcastle supporter will want him to do well regardless of what they think of him as a person,  his managerial record, and his granny-face.

YES we want rid of Ashley, but in reality we want our team to do well and avoid relegation, move up the table, and whoever gets the job should be given support, whether you like him or not.

What AH said in response is spot on.

I don’t really understand your point about any sensible supporter would want him to do well, at this point literally the only thing that would be him doing well is to constantly avoid relegation. We will never ‘move up the table’ under Ashley, we’ll never ever kick on and improve, this is all we are under him, it’s all we’ve been for 12 dreadful years, and it’s all we ever will be under he leaves. It’s also worth saying this isn’t some young improving manager that might really grow and be able to produce entertaining football with a run in cups for a couple of years, this is Steve Bruce we know what we are getting here. 

I do count myself as a sensible supporter, but as AH perfectly put it Bruce doesn’t deserve support. Surviving relegation means nothing now imo, if we never bother to compete, or try and progress up the table why even be in the PL? It’s akin to turning up for an unbelievably good networking event that’s packed with people who could advance your career massively every year, then standing in the corner ignoring everyone, and then occasionally doing something to embarrass yourself so you get barred for a year. We’ve had supposedly 3 attempts to buy the club off him in 18 months, this one looked very legitimate and from all accounts offered him what he’d claimed to have wanted. He’s dragged them along for a couple of month before rejecting them, the way I see it at this point the only potential chance we have of getting rid of him is if the club goes down and stays down, that cuts him off from the PL money as well as the potential to advertise his tat for free. 

Edited by Howay
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Alex said:

Noelie, you’re the sort of ‘sensible’ supporter who constantly slagged off Benitez. 

Alex,  you're the sort who constantly speaks with forked tongue.

2 hours ago, Noelie said:

Alex,  you're the sort who constantly speaks with forked tongue.

Alex once bought me a pint so in a bid to defend his honour shut your gob Noelie!*

*unless you buy me two pints