Rafa Benitez

Anorthernsoul

38 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

You constantly slagged off Rafa

You constantly speak with forked tongue too.

I may have criticized Rafa's starting line-ups and his late substitutions, but never constantly slagged off Rafa.

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Alex once bought me a pint so in a bid to defend his honour shut your gob Noelie!*

*unless you buy me two pints 

Aha, open to bribery eh Uncle Tom, come over and I'll buy you 3 pints of.................:razz:

Well, it appears we’re not even willing to pay compensation for him yet. They told everyone at the club that he was coming in as well :lol: This lot, man, I swear to god. They get worse every year. There was that 3 years when Rafa was dragging them through life by doing all the work himself but when they’re left to their own devices, it’s outrageous.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

It’d be funny if they can’t even sign that fat sheep headed pissbag. Sums them up, they’ve had weeks to line up a replacement, what a bunch of clowns :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Well, it appears we’re not even willing to pay compensation for him yet. They told everyone at the club that he was coming in as well :lol: This lot, man, I swear to god. They get worse every year. There was that 3 years when Rafa was dragging them through life by doing all the work himself but when they’re left to their own devices, it’s outrageous.

Rafa contacted US about the job. Charnley was so shit scared of negotiations that he paid an agent to do it for him. 

This is what he’s like when a world class manager hasn’t fallen into his lap.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

And in spite of all that, they want a manager who leaves them to make all the decisions 

Given that we can expect that there is no take-over, no real expenditure on the squad and no expectation other than we fluke 17th place, I don't see Steve Bruce as bad appointment, other than any compensation will come from the transfer \ loan budget. No one can succeed given the constraints placed on this club. Rafa struggled, touted replacements Wenger and Mourinio wouldn't do any better with this squad and the limited budget. 

We need to go down and stay down. We won't get rid of Ashley whilst there is an income to be had from the club. We need to be a financial problem child to him. He can withstand negative publicity, he doesn't care that the fan base hates him, he will laugh off protests and demonstrations with gleeful contempt. But I guarantee he will be off like a shot if the club stops making him money. I hate to say it but we need to rebuild from ashes. Ashley is here to stay as long as we are a top flight club parading Sports Direct adverts to a global audience, whilst he trousers TV money.  

9 minutes ago, ewerk said:

GET. TE. FUCK.

Seriously though, who else are we going to attract?

Name a coach that will turn 'like a new signing' Colback into a footballer, will be able to transform our U23 kids into Premiership quality immediately and attract loan signings of calibre to make a difference, under the current constraints?

Even if this unicorn of a manager exists and we do stay up, it is rewind and repeat next year. 17th the target and don't even talk about cups runs. 

Don't get me wrong, I don't want Bruce, Hughes, Pullis, Pardew or Allardyce but under the current administration I don't think it matters. Might as well pull some punter out of the crowd each week, or worse - bring back JFK. We are going nowhere under Ashley. 

If, as he alleges, he is a United (yes, the right one) supporter, he shouldn't take the job.  I can understand that he may have "always wanted to manage" us, but I cannot understand a true supporter wanting to take the job in those terms, setting himself up for relegation and eventual dismissal, when he has a cushy job at Wednesday.

I guess he has to have the confidence to back himself the same way John Carver believed he was the best manager in the league. Well, some might call it confidence, others delusion.

• 2 years later...
5 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

Just come across this. What a bloke. 

12196CF9-7B81-4032-826D-4D1BAF65B90F.jpeg

Yes his football might be pragmatic at times but Rafa is what you want in a manager. A true gentleman like SBR, setting an example in football and in how to live one's best life for the players.

And then you have cunts like cabbage head, who hangout for every panny they can suck from the club they "allegedly" love, who take the millions and are happy to be slum lords, instead of giving some back to the society that helped them make their millions.

• Like 5

• 2 months later...