Rafa Benitez

Anorthernsoul

:lol: Aye that would be fucking mental. I’m not convinced going back to a prior manager is the best idea anyway, plus it seems he basically hates the whole DoF model our owners seem to want. Howe deserves time and backing now which I hope he gets. 

• Like 3

Rafa didn’t keep us up last time. He played football as dull as I’ve seen. He was undoubtedly the best manager NUFC could’ve had under Ashley’s regime but ffs, people need to move on from him. He’s 20 years past his best. 

• Like 5

Everton seem to be plumping for Martinez again so that’s hilarious. Rooney has done a fucking brilliant job at Derby this season, under a massive points deduction and an insane transfer embargo. If not for the deduction, they’d be top half, I believe. The fact that they’re not down and he’s conjuring up those performances out of those players makes me want him nowhere near the Everton job tbh. They can stick with the brown shoe baldy fraudy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Thank you to everyone who supported us from the start

We knew it wouldn't be easy, and that it was a big challenge, both emotionally and in terms of sport. My love for this city, for Merseyside and its people, made me accept this challenge, but it is only when you are inside that you realise the magnitude of the task. From the very first day, my staff and myself worked as we always do, with commitment and full dedication, we didn't only have to get results, but we also had to win over people's hearts. However, the financial situation and then the injuries that followed made things even harder. I am convinced that we would have been better once the injured players were back and with the arrival of the new signings. The road to success isn't easy and sadly, nowadays in football there is a search for immediate results and there is always less and less patience; unfortunately circumstances have determined the results and it won't be possible to continue this project.

In any case, thank you to the Board, to the staff, to the players, and to those fans who have supported us during this time.

My best wishes for EFC.

Rafa Benítez.

http://www.rafabenitez.com/web/in/whats-on/thank-you-everyone-who-supported-from/268/

I like Howe, I'm not saying we should get rid or anything, he's done well to get any sort of reaction from the players and I think he could take us forward. However. I really like Rafa as a human being and someone who really gets the club. I'd have him back in any capacity, frankly.

You'd have to get some agreement from howe to do it, outwardly they've got very different philosophies but you never know it could work.

Problem you'd have is the media would NEVER leave it alone. Any bad result would have them touting howe to go and rafa to become manager and that would wear thin very quickly for both I imagine.

• Like 2

I really liked Rafa when he was here but i don't think it would be right for him to come back now. He was the right guy at the right time, but the football was pretty negative although he did have little to work with. Howe needs to be given time with some investment. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Rafa didn’t keep us up last time. He played football as dull as I’ve seen. He was undoubtedly the best manager NUFC could’ve had under Ashley’s regime but ffs, people need to move on from him. He’s 20 years past his best. 

There's a theory most managers only have about 10 good years in them which seems to be backed by empirical evidence. Like a band running out of decent material. Perhaps people find it difficult to adapt to changes as they get older, I don't know. People like Ferguson tend to exceptions that prove the rule. We move on. 

P.S. Howe has been a manager for 12 years now? ;)

No way should Benitez come back. His philosophy is diametrically opposed to Howe's. If Howe was a pragmatic, defensive coach, then maybe (maybe).

Honestly? if we do go down and the axe drops on Howe's neck, it might be worth re-visiting. But, not now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

No way should Benitez come back. His philosophy is diametrically opposed to Howe's. If Howe was a pragmatic, defensive coach, then maybe (maybe).

Honestly? if we do go down and the axe drops on Howe's neck, it might be worth re-visiting. But, not now. No way.

Italian twitter transfer bloke'dYP

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Honestly? if we do go down and the axe drops on Howe's neck, it might be worth re-visiting. But, not now.

If we go down I would personally fucking hate Benitez coming back. The season under him in the championship was a brutal fucking grind, while it was great in the end and got us to where we needed to be it wasn’t thrilling football which would honestly be the only bright spot about being in that league imo. I’d want to come up like we did under Hughton going into games confident of pissing all over teams. Of course the overall goal of promotion is what matters most but we’d have the means to make it about as odds on as you could ever hope provided you get a manager that could do a good job (which Howe would in that league for sure).

I like Benitez, I’m not quite as enamored with him as the twitter lot seem to be but I do like the bloke. I think he belongs in NUFC past now, there’s plenty of managers around we don’t have to go back to him - also I don’t think Howe faces the axe anyway (I know that part of your post was purely hypothetical btw). 

• Like 2