Rafa Benitez

Anorthernsoul

5 hours ago, sammynb said:

@Dr Gloom time for you to hit your itk guy up.

With the club safe from relegation Mandy should be making moves again if they are serious.

Will check in. The last I heard was she was waiting for survival to be secured before potentially returning with a higher offer. I haven’t heard anything to suggest she’s walked away for good. In fact, she said publicly that she was still interested after Ashley leaked that stuff about her to Sky. It all boils down to price. 

34 minutes ago, trooper said:

I think that ship sailed into the sunset when Ashley publicly called them timewasters

You honestly think someone of her ilk is that thin-skinned? 

1 hour ago, trooper said:

I think that ship sailed into the sunset when Ashley publicly called them timewasters

Ashley's just blinked first in the other thread tbh.

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

Will check in. The last I heard was she was waiting for survival to be secured before potentially returning with a higher offer. I haven’t heard anything to suggest she’s walked away for good. In fact, she said publicly that she was still interested after Ashley leaked that stuff about her to Sky. It all boils down to price. 

23 April 2018 – Sky Sports:

‘Negotiations over the sale of Newcastle United to Amanda Staveley will need to make significant progress over the next month if they are to stand a chance of success, Sky Sports News understands.

A shortened summer transfer window, coupled with the World Cup finals in Russia, means any potential talks with PCP Capital Partners will need to be rekindled in the next few weeks if they are to have sufficient time to recruit in the summer.

Having gambled on Newcastle surviving the drop this season, it is understood Newcastle owner Mike Ashley will be looking to recoup between £380-£400m from the sale of the club, which is significantly more than the £300m that was offered by Staveley last October.’

12 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

That’s just taken from today’s piece that was posted earlier today in this very thread. Did you have anything to add?

Well at least i read the piece & there's no mention of the new asking price. Might be an idea to have a read yourself before you have a dig Gloomy mate :D

Edited by trooper

My understanding is that Ashley has more confidence in the club with Rafa and fans not showing the level of hatred towards him and if the club has generated enough revenue to fund a decent squad improvement for the summer, he's happy to keep the club.

15 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Rafa walks and the whole house of cards comes tumbling down. He still wants rid IMO.

Exactly Rafa is the lynch pin holding everything together at the moment. He knows he'll be in demand this summer. 

59 minutes ago, t00nraider said:

My understanding is that Ashley has more confidence in the club with Rafa and fans not showing the level of hatred towards him and if the club has generated enough revenue to fund a decent squad improvement for the summer, he's happy to keep the club.

Doesn't really make sense given when the opposite was true he was happy to keep the club. Although very little of his tenure as owner makes sense.

Basically she's gambled and lost, with Ashley's hand having been strengthened by our strong finish to the season. Obviously he's going to want more now, and he's probably patting himself on the back.

It is what it is but at least caveats about relegation can't scupper anything now.

If he wants to sell and there's no other buyers interested it doesn't really change things much. Fuck knows what his motives are though

1 minute ago, Rayvin said:

How is he getting desperate?

Well it's odd (assuming the story has come from his team) that she's gone from a time waster who he wouldn't do business with to someone who needs to increase her offer.

To be honest, you could simply read that as her having knocked things on the head earlier in the season, and him responding, and her now approaching him once again, and him responding.

I'd take it as a good sign for negotiations taking place, but beyond that I don't know how good it is.

Edited by Rayvin

9 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

How is he getting desperate?

Releasing statements through his usual channels trying to get Stavely back to the table, a few months ago it was said that he wouldn't entertain any more bids from her because she's a time waster. If he'd told her in that statement to come back with the same bid he'd have looked even more desperate, so this was a bit of face-saving. He's in a perilous position with Benitez's contract dwindling and he knows it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Releasing statements through his usual channels trying to get Stavely back to the table, a few months ago it was said that he wouldn't entertain any more bids from her because she's a time waster. If he'd told her in that statement to come back with the same bid he'd have looked even more desperate, so this was a bit of face-saving. He's in a perilous position with Benitez's contract dwindling and he knows it.

This.