Rafa Benitez

Anorthernsoul

Ashley used to have the King touting our better players to encourage bids whilst pretending to be concerned, now he gets employees and associates to feed stories to the likes of the mirror to encourage bids for the manager who wouldn't do what Alan Pardew would do. Win/win for Jabba. :good:

(I'm reading Ashley is going to be on holiday again for the business end of running a club. Quelle surprise!)

Just now, essembeeofsunderland said:

I thought Bruce was from Northumberland

He went to both my schools in Walkergate. (I've even seen him in a photo in the school team pic.) :good:

On 13/05/2018 at 16:06, zerosum said:

You both from wallsend? alan thompson lived near us in battle hill. was a couple of years younger than me .

I'm not but lads I know played against them at Wallsend Boys Club. They always had a good side (back when kid's teams only had one side per age group) but that particular year they must've been ridiculous. Graham Fenton, Robbie Elliot, Alan Thompson and Steve Watson all in the same team I think.

In fairness, if Rafa goes to West Ham then he'll have gone down in my estimation somewhat. Even with Ashley here, I would have thought that what he's achieved and the link he's forged with the city in general would be enough to see off those charlatans.

Having said that, hopefully this will push Ashley to actually make some manner of commitment to the guy.

1 minute ago, t00nraider said:

Unless Rafa's been holding out for the West Ham job.

I can't see why he would, the owners there are just as bad as Ashley, it is further away from where he lives and in a shit stadium the fans hate.

He might fancy a change but he could get way better than west ham.

14 minutes ago, t00nraider said:

Unless Rafa's been holding out for the West Ham job.

Yeah, every manager's dream

Doesn't he have a positive relationship with them on the grounds that he was going to join them prior to Real, and when the Madrid job came up they stood aside and let him take it?

8 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

At least if it happens @Gene_Clarkcan start going to the games and enjoying the club again

Is he still telling everyone what a shit manager we have?

6 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Wait I missed that, Gene thinks Rafa is a shit manager? On what possible basis?

He reckoned he was just going through the motions / taking it easy as he approached retirement and roundly criticised the way we were set up etc. before mysteriously choosing to tweet about other subjects since the Man Utd game at home. May have piped up again when we lost 4 on the bounce although I don't really go and twitter or read his blog very much. I only looked after it was mentioned on here. Get the feeling he's a 'contrarian'

Edited by Alex

9 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Wait I missed that, Gene thinks Rafa is a shit manager? On what possible basis?

It gets him attention.

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

In fairness, if Rafa goes to West Ham then he'll have gone down in my estimation somewhat. Even with Ashley here, I would have thought that what he's achieved and the link he's forged with the city in general would be enough to see off those charlatans.

Having said that, hopefully this will push Ashley to actually make some manner of commitment to the guy.

You’d have thought Everton would be more tempting, they threw a bit of money around last season and he’d be back with his family.