Rafa Benitez

Anorthernsoul

Tonight's post match comments from Rafa he's very pissed off...

Rafa: “Things aren’t going well off the pitch.”

When asked what, he said: “Everything.”

When asked about money to spend: “I have no idea.” 

Things are not going well off the pitch... I’m worried. Fans are concerned - they have to be. We are concerned. 

Rafa: “Our fans are very clever. They know what is going on.

Keith Downie...

Rafa, are you close to any new signings?”
Rafa Benitez: “I have no idea.”

Rafa on how much needs to be done before the transfer deadline: “A lot. For me, I said before, three or four players.” 

Rafa speaking to @bbcnewcastle: “Am I optimistic, thinking that in ten days, we can do what we didn’t do in two months? I don’t think so. But, still, I think it’s obvious we need people, we need bodies.”

Rafa asked by @bbcnewcastle for the latest on transfers: “I don’t know. We have been working for months - sometimes we can sign players, sometimes we cannot. At the moment, I don’t know

Rafa: “We have been talking for a while about players. I think it’s the time to act, more than talk.”

A frustrated Rafa Benitez on transfers: “I said two months ago what we needed, and 10 days before the start of season we still are where we are. There’s 4/5 players we thought we could bring but we haven’t.”

Rafa: "I can't say too much about players coming because in the end it depends on so many things and we don't finish the deals."

The players opted against doing any post-game interviews tonight. Rafa stated: "As I say things aren't going well off the pitch and you can see a reflection." The players said it was "nothing personal" to journalists

Even the players who normally speak after every game win, lose or draw said they couldn't tonight. They stated it was agreed in the dressing room after the game.

Edited by trooper

Genius from Rafa to have spoken out in the way he has tonight, he's obviously fully aware of the movements that are going on at the moment and the increasing pressure from us towards Mike Ashley.

Obviously if Rafa shows frustration it will rile us up even more which means we're going to force the issue even more, completely agree with everything he said tonight. Never easy for a manager to come out and criticise the board but he's gone and done it today in a brilliant way

Honestly dont know how the man keeps his cool so well working for these fucking clowns, this is his way of telling us that we need to really turn up the heat as a collective fan base for this last 10 days of the window. 

Well I think we all knew this is where we were headed but even the most pessimistic of us can't have imagined Jabba the Cunt taking it to this level.

Great to see the players clearly backing their manager on this.  They'll be putting in Sports Direct's windows themselves at this rate.

5 minutes ago, zerosum said:

i think rafa should just walk.  last thing I want but he doesn’t deserve this shit show 

I'm honestly not bothered.  This season is like having a wake for a terminally ill cancer patient anyway.  Just get on with it, Grandad.

Only hope was a serious buyer coming in and putting up with Ashley's negotiation :quotes: tactics :quotes:  

• Like 1

Aye this seasons a fucking waste of time now. For Rafa to be saying those things it’s clearly a mess. 

Once this seasons over we’ll be getting some football dinosaur, likely with something against foreigners, to replace Benitez and will then start the slump into relegation. 

Getting to the point where I might not bother watching, the fat cunt isn’t even attempting to disguise what he’s doing now. 

In my opinion, Rafa should reconcile himself to the fact that things are not likely to change.

If any other players are brought in, fine … but if not then he should make do with the squad he has, do the best he can, see out his contract, then walk away.

He should not let the indignities that Ashley has deluged him with force him to quit.

If he is offered a new contract, he should be damned sure it is one that suits him, and cannot be violated or reneged upon in any way. Any promise of money to buy new players should be backed up immediately with hard cash in an untouchable account set for that purpose.

Any promises should be backed up with documentation, not verbal say-sos which are too easily broken.

Sabotaging our entire season but to get a very minor victory over Rafa. It's unbelievable. 

I genuinely think that if we are relegated this season he won't be covering the losses. He'll leave us to our own devices.

SSN finally putting the boot in this morning. Took us through Rafa's transfers over the past 5 windows. We are £45mil in profit (before Muto goes through)

Ashley will probably argue that about covers our losses in the championship

Another post match snippet from last night...

NUFCTV: You got a good draw against Porto and defended really well. Now it just didnt quite seem to be the case.
Rafa: No we were poor in both games. The other day we were lucky to draw.
NUFCTV: Any positives to take?
Rafa: No.