Rafa Benitez

Anorthernsoul

What was quite obvious was that both him and Andy Gray were fucking hated by the people they worked with at Sky to the extent that they had saved loads of their off the air comments in the hope they'd be able to use them against them at some point.

6 hours ago, adios said:

Aye, I wouldn't go so far as to slag off the fans who still go.  I found it hard enough to boycoutt the £5 fee for the preseason friendlies ffs. :lol:  

The ones that couldn't bring themselves not to go for just one game against Spurs a few seasons ago were pretty pathetic imo. Don't care if they'd paid already or not

21 hours ago, Howay said:

Aye unfortunately the sky money means fans have less impact. I think if there was a complete boycott of games, his trampy shops, the puma tat that fills NUFC direct (what a joke that is btw), he might take a bit of notice but he knows and we all know that won’t happen. 

It will but it won't whilst Rafa's here and I include myself in that though if a collective boycott was organised for a designated match a la Spurs 3 years ago me and my dad would join in. Problem with that is large scale, and by that I mean quasi whole stadium protest like a boycott won't happen until post Rafa. Large scale action needs to happen now. 

And I think it's shortsighted to claim that protests do nothing, just about Sky money, he doesn't give a fuck etc. I don't think that's true.

Cardiff (h) walkout - alright money spent on players during summer

SackPardew during Hull (h) - Announcement of Jonas' cancer via Bishop and press releases just before the game

BoycottSpurs - Most active windows and highest net spend under Ashley in following seasons

2 hours ago, Haydnator said:

It will but it won't whilst Rafa's here and I include myself in that though if a collective boycott was organised for a designated match a la Spurs 3 years ago me and my dad would join in. Problem with that is large scale, and by that I mean quasi whole stadium protest like a boycott won't happen until post Rafa. Large scale action needs to happen now. 

And I think it's shortsighted to claim that protests do nothing, just about Sky money, he doesn't give a fuck etc. I don't think that's true.

Cardiff (h) walkout - alright money spent on players during summer

SackPardew during Hull (h) - Announcement of Jonas' cancer via Bishop and press releases just before the game

BoycottSpurs - Most active windows and highest net spend under Ashley in following seasons

It won’t even happen when Benitez leaves. 

I’m not sure where I said protests do nothing, my point was that it’d need to be a proper one as in people stop buying tickets and stop frequenting his stores. I’m not having a go at people who go and continue to go, just that a complete boycott would be the only sort of protest he might have some response to. 

I think the spends you mention correlate to attempts at staving off relegations rather than a reaction to fans leaving a match at half time.

Edited by Howay

TBF, I genuinely think you'll see a massive drop when Rafa goes because it'll represent the best opportunity we've had to progress and that fat, miserly cunt has roadblocked it AGAIN so he can make it a pittance in a dying market. I think there's a prevailing sense that Rafa is the only thing that is stopping the entire club from being a directionless, waste of time and energy and he makes the team competitive and worth watching, especially when they turn up and spark the likes of Chelsea clean out. That leaves and what's the point in going to the match to watch a load of unmotivated, unhappy, unfocused players get pumped off whoever they turn up against? 

Also, Pardew will be the next manager. You can see it lumbering over the horizon so vividly, you might as well just prepare now.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Howay said:

It won’t even happen when Benitez leaves. 

I’m not sure where I said protests do nothing, my point was that it’d need to be a proper one as in people stop buying tickets and stop frequenting his stores. I’m not having a go at people who go and continue to go, just that a complete boycott would be the only sort of protest he might have some response to. 

I think the spends you mention correlate to attempts at staving off relegations rather than a reaction to fans leaving a match at half time.

Wasn't necessarily aiming the thinking protests do nowt at you, just seen other posts hinting at it. The fact that many are getting involved in actually doing something instead of sitting on their arse not doing a single thing, disapproving of the things that are being done. It's tedious and creates division which is what Ashley wants. 

• Like 1

Some post match comments after todays game from Rafa...

Rafa: “We were ready months ago. When I stayed here it was for a project.

Rafa speaking on his management team: “When we have had time and support we have won trophies everywhere

Rafa on transfer talks with Charnley:

I was talking with Lee Charnley before the game and I’ll maybe see him after the game.

I’m not saying we’re not working, but we had things lined up.

Rafa on deals:

I am confident we can do it. If you’re asking me if it’s ideal I would say no because the way I like to work is to do things early but if we can’t do that we have to work.

I hope so (we can do it).

Rafa Benitez: "I am not happy, we have to just survive every year

Rafa on mood in dressing room - is it right? “Before Braga, maybe not. Today, yes.
“You cannot complain about the attitude of the players.” 

1 minute ago, trooper said:

Rafa Benitez: "I am not happy, we have to just survive every year

Came here to quote this but I suspected troops would have beaten me to it. ;)  

I wonder if the fat mong has any more of a gameplan than "no one beats me at a game of chicken" - he has that look about him, fucking thick lager lout that he is.

Here we have Rafa bloody good,  honest, hard working bloke doing his very best for the club & fans. Only for that shithouse & his cronies take the absolute piss out of him 

Rafa on expectations at NUFC:

I used to compete for winning trophies - even with less money than other teams. Why? Because we had time and the confidence from the top.

I was expecting we could compete for something after one year here, especially with the TV money guaranteed. I’m a little bit surprised but we will do our best here.