“Yes.”

Asked if still hopeful of signings?

“I don’t know.”

When asked about the Jordan Lukaku deal not happening:

“I will not talk about transfers.”

Is this a difficult window to do deals

"I don't know I don't do deals"

FA Cup exit:

“We were disappointed (to go out of the FA Cup) but we have to concentrate on a very, very difficult game (against Man City).”

Tuesday night’s match:

When you play against Man City, you have to forget (about the cup) and make sure you do the right things on the pitch.

“The midfielders are still very close (to returning), but not ready for this game, so it’s more or less the same.

“The only one we have lost is Joselu, with a twisted ankle.

“No (Jonjo) Shelvey, no Ki (Sung-yueng), no (Mohamed) Diame, no Dummett either. Darlow is getting better and he will be fine later this week.

“I’m confident that we can do well (against Man City) but at the same time, we have to do everything perfect to have a chance.

“If you analyse the way they can play, they have three or four of the fastest players in the Premier League.

“They won the title because they’re a very good team.

“They have everything but we’ll try to use our strengths.”

Edited by trooper

Frankly I'm a little disappointed in Rafa's approach to the current situation. I'd rather he was more outspoken and critical about the way things are NOT happening, and be more outspoken about his frustrations. Granted he has to be careful about rocking an already sinking boat, but when you're between a rock and a hard place it's time to budge.

26 minutes ago, Noelie said:

Frankly I'm a little disappointed in Rafa's approach to the current situation. I'd rather he was more outspoken and critical about the way things are NOT happening, and be more outspoken about his frustrations. Granted he has to be careful about rocking an already sinking boat, but when you're between a rock and a hard place it's time to budge.

Not like you to find some way to blame the manager 

He’s trying his best to be diplomatic imo, he doesn’t want to rile the fat cunt up and have zero chance of any signings, our chances are slim enough.

Everyone knows the craic here so Benitez coming out and saying “the bloke that owns the club is a whopper, and his penfold looking minion doesn’t know his arse from his elbow” doesn’t really do anything. He can save that for his book one day. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Howay said:

He’s trying his best to be diplomatic imo, he doesn’t want to rile the fat cunt up and have zero chance of any signings, our chances are slim enough.

Everyone knows the craic here so Benitez coming out and saying “the bloke that owns the club is a whopper, and his penfold looking minion doesn’t know his arse from his elbow” doesn’t really do anything. He can save that for his book one day. 

Or he could save it until Friday when he's bugger all to lose

5 hours ago, Alex said:

Not like you to find some way to blame the manager 

No blame, a little disappointed.  Ashley is probably jogging along thinking everything is going just fine and I think he needs to be elbowed into the full realization that we may well be relegated and Rafa could leave.  I think Rafa should impress that upon him in no uncertain terms, bypass Charnley.

4 minutes ago, Noelie said:

No blame, a little disappointed.  Ashley is probably jogging along thinking everything is going just fine and I think he needs to be elbowed into the full realization that we may well be relegated and Rafa could leave.  I think Rafa should impress that upon him in no uncertain terms, bypass Charnley.

It’s also disappointing Benitez isn’t spending any money on transfers. What’s going on Rafa?! We’re crying out for investment in new blood and our manager is doing nothing to bring new players in! Sad!

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Noelie said:

You’re being naive 

Looks like he might have had enough

Rafa Benitez asked if he could guarantee that he wouldn’t walk out if he wasn’t properly backed in the transfer market by Thursday night:

“No, I cannot guarantee anything.

“We will wait until Thursday and see what happens.

Just go Rafa & good luck we're sorry you've been treat like a fool by these daft bastards but don't worry their day will come

Edited by trooper

9 hours ago, Noelie said:

The man literally said that it would be a miracle to avoid relegation with this squad. I don't think he can say much stronger than that.

10 hours ago, Alex said:

I think what we need here is a strongly-worded leaflet campaign 

Let's get tough. The time for talking is over. Call it extreme if you like, but I propose that while he's reeling from a major - and I mean major - leaflet campaign, we follow up with a car boot sale, some street theatre and possibly even some benefit concerts. OK? Now, if that's not enough, I'm sorry, it's time for the T-shirts: "Ashley Out" ... "Slug-like Cockney Life Forms, No Thanks" ... and if that's not enough, well, I don't know what is.

• Haha 2