Rafa Benitez

Anorthernsoul

1 hour ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

You didnt necessarily have to be around to know. 

Hunters Moor. 

The swimming pool under the foyer of the old main stand. 

The black and white scarf that used to hang from one of the supports in the directors box. 

The peanut seller. 

Westwood the Pirate. 

You said you were around though.

• Haha 1

Latest form George Caulkin...

Benítez is pushing for more talks this week; he has still had no substantive response to his contractual wish-list, which is less about budget or salary than guarantees the club will stick to their promises.’

21 minutes ago, trooper said:

Latest form George Caulkin...

Benítez is pushing for more talks this week; he has still had no substantive response to his contractual wish-list, which is less about budget or salary than guarantees the club will stick to their promises.’

Bye bye Rafa, then. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6967755/PSG-Marseille-set-offer-Rafa-Benitez-escape-route-torrid-time-Newcastle.html

Paris Saint-Germain and Marseille 'set to offer Rafa Benitez escape route' from torrid time at Newcastle as talks over new deal at St James' Park stall

• PSG and Marseille are eyeing up Rafa Benitez as their next potential manager
  • Talks over a new deal to extend the Spaniard's stay at Newcastle have stalled
  • Despite clinching the Ligue 1 title, boss Thomas Tuchel has lost favour at PSG
  • The Parisian club want a manager with experience in the Champions League
  • Haha 1

It’s less than two weeks until the end of the season with Rafa‘s contract running out then.

Any club being run normally would have already sorted the future for the club to b able to plan for next season.

It certainly isn’t incompetence but those are deliberate actions of cunts.

• Like 1

I can’t see him being on good terms with Pardew tbh.

Pards basically walked out on him so he had to go and pay a wedge for McClaren and Casper, who then needed a load of backing before doing a botch job.

I think Mark Hughes is exactly the calibre of manager we can look forward to. Followed by his sacking and an inevitable relegation. Good times.

I think they are delaying the foreseeable decision just to make sure all the anger will happen during the summer break and hope that the protests will fade out until the start of next season. 

They probably will throw in a fake take over story as well.

• Like 1

From today's presser...

Contract talks are the same as before he still doesn't know, he'll be around on Sunday to talk 

He's expecting Ashley at the meeting but doesn't know if he'll be there.

The China trips not ideal it's being done for commercial purposes

Rondon has to wait & see what happens with me

Injuries are the same Ki has a knee injury he won't be risked 

To early to talk about players futures

Players aking him questions (about their futures) I've been waiting 8 months so I can wait another 10 days

Edited by trooper

4 minutes ago, Howay said:

What a brilliant way to run a football club. They say their aim is to remain in the PL but seem to do everything possible to fail. 

Scrape by on luck and penny pinching, this regime will never change.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ant said:

Why would be even want to stay after this like, it'd be madness to bother sticking with us given what options he'll likely have elsewhere

(bar a new owner) 

The biggest struggle he's had is keeping his integrity in tact while fronting the shit show that happens behind the scenes. The man is a tower of light at a club where the owner refuses to pay the electricity bill.