Rafa Benitez

Anorthernsoul

If there is going to be a takeover,resulting in decent money to spend, Rafa would be daft to go hunting for another job. I still say his options would be limited in the Premier League. He won't be in any rush to find another job when his contract expires. He may well sit tight and give it a few weeks to see if the fat lad does sell up. 

Frankly I'm a bit disappointed in Rafa!!

With the frustration of this ongoing Ashley/Sheik/Benitez saga, I think Rafa should be keeping his staunch supporters more in touch with his position.

We deserve more credible information from him than the gossip we are getting from the media and wannabe pundits.

Rafa is perhaps bound by an NDA in all of this tbf. Would explain the quiet.

Having said that, I still feel that if all parties know the outcome, and that it has in effect become clear that he won't be staying, then they would have parted company by now in order to ensure against sabotage/non-toxicity in the working environment, etc.

1 hour ago, Noelie said:

With the frustration of this ongoing Ashley/Sheik/Benitez saga, I think Rafa should be keeping his staunch supporters more in touch with his position.

We deserve more credible information from him than the gossip we are getting from the media and wannabe pundits.

In that case you’d be out of the loop anyway

2 hours ago, Noelie said:

Staunch supporters? You slagged him off constantly.

Edited by Kevin Carr's Gloves
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Staunch supporters? You slagged him off constantly.

I said  'his staunch supporters', didn't say that included me.:razz:

• Haha 1

He can’t say owt due to the terms of his contract apparently. I’ve also been told he’s going and Pardew is his replacement. No idea if it’s true but I’m being serious about the info I’ve received. Ashley moving the goalposts at the last minute I’m afraid. At least Noelie should be happy 

Edited by Alex
  • Jaysus... 1

8 minutes ago, Alex said:

He can’t say owt due to the terms of his contract apparently. I’ve also been told he’s going and Pardew is his replacement. No idea if it’s true but I’m being serious about the info I’ve received. Ashley moving the goalposts at the last minute I’m afraid. At least Noelie should be happy 

This would be at a CT-esque level of stupidity therefore it does sound plausible to me.

Re-appointing Pardew would be make the second coming of Kinnear a wise decision.

At least Chez would be happy though 

Just now, TheGingerQuiff said:

:lol: howay that's not going to happen

I fucking hope not but the lad works with some of the players. I’m hoping he’s on the wind up tbh

The ironic thing is that the reappointment of Pardew sounds entirely plausible. Fake sheikh takeover followed by the return of the king. Bish bash bosh luvverly jubberly!

• Like 1

Ah ok, so he was sacked by West Brom over a year ago after 10 games without a win, leaving them bottom of the league. Hasn't worked since.

It's fucking nailed on, this.

Edited by Rayvin

3 hours ago, Alex said:

........................................................ I’ve also been told he’s going and Pardew is his replacement. No idea if it’s true but I’m being serious about the info I’ve received. Ashley moving the goalposts at the last minute I’m afraid.

At least Noelie should be happy 

NO I FUCKING SHOULDN'T YOU TWIT. :mad:

58 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

While I believe it’s something Ashley would do, wasn’t his relationship with Pardew completely non-existent at the end? It was toxic at worst and tolerable at best, from what you read.

Aye but Pardew would willingly be Ashley’s bitch again for the money and Ashley would re-employ someone who was, publicly at least, willing to be his bitch. The fact it makes little sense in terms of the football club is directly in line with practically everything the owner has ever done since arriving 

I mean I know the bloke is a tit but if all of this is true I really don’t get his angle here :lol: 

So he’s going to lose 2/3’s of the strike force that helped keep us in the league (since Ayoze seems pretty intent on leaving), as well as the bloke who drilled a team of very average (at best) players into finishing far higher up the table 2 years running than you could have possibly expected, for what? :lol: I mean I know he’s done some daft shite but he’s making similar decisions to ones you would make if you took over Sunderland on FM with the intention of ruining them. 

Genuinely no idea why he would hold onto NUFC if this is his angle, people can say free advertising all they want but if the offer was of the value it is claimed he’d struggle to make that off a load of hoardings, especially ones shown in the Championship. 

If all this does happen I’m afraid it’s all time we knocked it on the head lads. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Alex said:

Aye but Pardew would willingly be Ashley’s bitch again for the money and Ashley would re-employ someone who was, publicly at least, willing to be his bitch. The fact it makes little sense in terms of the football club is directly in line with practically everything the owner has ever done since arriving 

Oh aye, I’m not doubting you, just that you would hope that Pardew has SOME integrity left in there. Fulham are bound to sack Scott Parker sooner rather than later 

The lad has just messaged me to say he was in the wind up. I’ve been on a downer all afternoon, the absolute cunt 

• Haha 3
  • Jaysus... 1