1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Some serious cognitive dissonance in here :lol:

I’ve always tried to stay mildly optimistic about it. I know as you’re saying it is just us winding ourselves up, but if it doesn’t happen, Rafa leaves, and we get the inevitable knacker of Ashley’s choosing in it’ll not be worth bothering to watch, which is a real shame. I also think if this one doesn’t go through, when it seems to have got so far, there’s no chance of bitch tits selling up. 

Edited by Howay

10 minutes ago, Howay said:

I’ve always tried to stay mildly optimistic about it. I know as you’re saying it is just us winding ourselves up, but if it doesn’t happen, Rafa leaves, and we get the inevitable knacker of Ashley’s choosing in it’ll not be worth bothering to watch, which is a real shame. I also think if this one doesn’t go through, when it seems to have got so far, there’s no chance of bitch tits selling up. 

I echo the cautious optimism. I think you said earlier that if all of this falls apart, Rafa goes and we're left with some Hughes esque chancer, you'll chuck it in - words to that effect anyway. That's broadly where I am.

I can afford to be optimistic about this because if it does all go tits up, I think it'll finish off the last lingering parts of me that still care. So it's euphoria or apathy for me :D

• Like 2

fuck that. following this club is like a drug habit. i know it isn't doing me any good but i keep coming back for more, pissing my money away on it. 

So Rafa's got exactly 2 weeks of his contract left. I'm beginning to think when he briefly visited the training ground the other week it was probably to collect his stuff.

Edited by trooper

The 59-year-old is now into the final two weeks of his current contract and has, as of yet, opted against signing the extension which has been offered to him.

‘Although Benitez returned to the club’s Benton Training Centre last Monday, he has not given the Magpies hierarchy any indication as to whether he is willing to sign the deal for the terms currently on offer.

‘It is understood that he is still yet to receive the assurances over budget and transfer policy he wants in order to commit himself to the club, while the uncertainty over a potential takeover has also complicated matters further.

‘With Benitez unsure whether the current Newcastle hierarchy will still be in charge within a matter of weeks, he is reluctant to pen a contract before he receives greater clarity on the future direction the club is heading.‘

It makes sense to me tbh, why sign this current offer with all of the uncertainty around the club? The potential new owners may even come in and offer him a higher salary, not a lot of point locking himself into Ashley’s deal. 

At some point the incoming owners should attempt to have a discussion with him, formalising some manner of provisional agreement. It's possible he's signed an NDA on the issue though. My guess is all the relevant information will come through simultaneously, more or less.

2 hours ago, Howay said:

It makes sense to me tbh, why sign this current offer with all of the uncertainty around the club? The potential new owners may even come in and offer him a higher salary, not a lot of point locking himself into Ashley’s deal. 

It has to make sense otherwise it would mean that this club is run in a totally unprofessional way. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Howay said:

Howay man. As if......

We know it's all bollocks

16 minutes ago, Dougle said:

Howay man. As if......

We know it's all bollocks

:lol: Likely, I’m just trying to have some optimism that the fat cretin may finally leave.

5 hours ago, trooper said:

So Rafa's got exactly 2 weeks of his contract left. I'm beginning to think when he briefly visited the training ground the other week it was probably to collect his stuff.

Of course you are :lol:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

I hope he went to the training ground to have a big poo on his desk lol

If the takeover goes through presumably his first demand from the new owners will be a new desk 

• Haha 4

Its quite obvious Rafa has been told there is no contract on offer as the takeover is going through. DJ Khaleds group have said it will be done by end of month. So Rafa is more than likely waiting to see if they offer him a contract or decide on someone else. 

27 minutes ago, Winston said:

Its quite obvious Rafa has been told there is no contract on offer as the takeover is going through. DJ Khaleds group have said it will be done by end of month. So Rafa is more than likely waiting to see if they offer him a contract or decide on someone else. 

where have they said that?

Edited by Andrew
edited because I can't be arsed