Rafa Benitez

Anorthernsoul

I'm starting to think he'll be leaving. The longer this goes on the more I'm thinking the club are trying on their typical lowballing negotiation technique. I don't think it'll work.

Unfortunately i think rafa is playing this perfectly. Makes all the right noises but as he isnt given all the assurance he demands has to leave the club and go elsewhere. None of the fans blame him as its obviously Ashley's fault. I'm sure he has no intention of managing a second tier side.

So who can we attract? Moyes? Pearson?

I'd be happy with Moyes

I think his stock is sufficiently low to make us an attractive opportuntiy for him as well.

Hasnt exactly got the finesse of Rafa mind but we need to be realistic for once

Unfortunately i think rafa is playing this perfectly. Makes all the right noises but as he isnt given all the assurance he demands has to leave the club and go elsewhere. None of the fans blame him as its obviously Ashley's fault. I'm sure he has no intention of managing a second tier side.

So who can we attract? Moyes? Pearson?

The only thing with this is why Rafa would bother going through all of that. If he'd come right out and said he wasn't interested, there's not a soul amongst our support who would have blamed him. And even if they had, why would he care?

The delay can only be because he's weighing up his options with respect of another club (Everton I reckon) and keeping us on side as a fall back or because he's genuinely thinking of staying.

Heard that Moyes has supposedly turned Villa down for not being in the top flight.

Good, the last thing we want is Villa ending up with someone competent.

Season ticket renewals are out later this week aren't they? I'd expect there to be an announcement around then.

Aye if it isn't announced by then I think we can all assume it isn't happening.

I think his stock is sufficiently low to make us an attractive opportuntiy for him as well.

Hasnt exactly got the finesse of Rafa mind but we need to be realistic for once

I voted for Moyes in the poll we did on here, top manager imo

Confirmation of the cash paid to Premier League clubs at the end of a remarkable 2015/16 season includes some truly eye-watering sums. Newcastle finished 18th but made £72million

Right there's plenty of money there for Rafa to rebuild a Championship winning team. There should be no stumbling blocks or excuses let's get him signed up & let him get on with rebuilding the footballing side of the club.