Rafa Benitez

Anorthernsoul

Surely it's even more of an achievement given we were told he wouldn't be able to manage in this league by the fey Paul Merson

The championship is very hard to get out of....

You're knacked if you lose your better players...(Townsend, Wijnaldum, Janmaat)

Rafa's never managed in the championship before, he'll get a shock & so will the players.

Rafa will be gone before Christmas, he's knacked up every other job! (???)

=

You should be pissing the league ffs, it's no achievement. 

You should be embarrassed if you don't win it by 15 points

Rafa will go as soon as a big club come calling.

You'll get a shock when you's come up 

Rafa will be out by christmas 

You'll not stay up, this is a hard league to stay in 

You's done well in your first season up but it's the second season that gets teams

Rafa will be gone by christmas 

etc etc 

http://www.rafabenitez.com/web/in/whats-on/another-prize-for-the-collective-effort/217/

The smooth talking bastard.

I have just been informed that I have been awarded the 'best coach of the month for October ' by the LMA and I am honored to accept. However, as we all know, in a collective sport like football,the whole is greater than the sum of the parts and would not be possible without the effort, collaboration of all those who make up a team. Starting from the players, the coaching staff and all at the club, come together to combine and achieve their objective. To make fans happy who support their club through good and bad times, week in, week out. To all the staff, players and contributors, I appreciate their daily support. I receive this award in their name and for the city. This is a prize for all. Come on Toons!

:lol: I hate when people get that wrong. The Americans tend to do it presumably thinking it's some kind of spin from loony toons. I once wrote to the Guardian to educate one of their US based MBM commentators on it :D

We can let Rafa off but ffs someone tell should tell him...

Edited by Rayvin

The championship is very hard to get out of....

You're knacked if you lose your better players...(Townsend, Wijnaldum, Janmaat)

Rafa's never managed in the championship before, he'll get a shock & so will the players.

Rafa will be gone before Christmas, he's knacked up every other job! (???)

=

You should be pissing the league ffs, it's no achievement. 

You should be embarrassed if you don't win it by 15 points

Rafa will go as soon as a big club come calling.

You'll get a shock when you's come up 

Rafa will be out by christmas 

You'll not stay up, this is a hard league to stay in 

You's done well in your first season up but it's the second season that gets teams

Rafa will be gone by christmas 

etc etc 

:lol: 

Aye it's fucking hilarious, I've always said we'd kill this league and the mackems jumped all over people like me saying we are deluded etc, now as you say they're acting like it was some inevitability all along despite the fact some of them were saying utterly preposterous stuff like "they're more likely to drop again" a few month ago.

It's a stupid argument overall tbh, if that was the case then people that manage teams like Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea etc shouldn't ever win Manager of the month awards either, we actually made a profit on player sales in the summer if we want to get pedantic so they can all whistle. Rafa's class, the toon are class and it's great that these twats are trying to palm it all off now, I hope we carry on battering the utter fucking shite that makes up this league.

Aye it's fucking hilarious, I've always said we'd kill this league and the mackems jumped all over people like me saying we are deluded etc, now as you say they're acting like it was some inevitability all along despite the fact some of them were saying utterly preposterous stuff like "they're more likely to drop again" a few month ago.

It's a stupid argument overall tbh, if that was the case then people that manage teams like Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea etc shouldn't ever win Manager of the month awards either, we actually made a profit on player sales in the summer if we want to get pedantic so they can all whistle. Rafa's class, the toon are class and it's great that these twats are trying to palm it all off now, I hope we carry on battering the utter fucking shite that makes up this league.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cw6pO3JWIAEOAyY.jpg

How can there be any arguments against a manager who's lead a team through the month with a 100% record, winning manager of the month? 

Leeds fans have been particularly bitter. Bitching that we've spent a fortune on players and denigrating our support, I can only think they're trying to become relevant by picking a fight with the biggest boy in the playground?

:lol: I hate when people get that wrong. The Americans tend to do it presumably thinking it's some kind of spin from loony toons. I once wrote to the Guardian to educate one of their US based MBM commentators on it :D

We can let Rafa off but ffs someone tell should tell him...

Maybe he's just in to Hentai?

How can there be any arguments against a manager who's lead a team through the month with a 100% record, winning manager of the month? 

Leeds fans have been particularly bitter. Bitching that we've spent a fortune on players and denigrating our support, I can only think they're trying to become relevant by picking a fight with the biggest boy in the playground?

Well then they should stop bringing up their high places in the PL, they spent so much fucking money it crippled their club whereas we've spent money generated by player sales.

We made what? 55m from two players who cost 16m or so, we're perfectly within our rights to spend that money, in fact we didn't even spend all of it.

It's an award for the best manager of the month, he has been the best manager. Villa spent similar to us and they're shite, it's not just about buying a bunch of players and hoying them on the pitch, we're often playing 2 games a week and winning both. They can all stop saying the Championship is a tough league then. 

The Leeds fans are bitter because they're fucking irrelevant tramps, have absolute no time for them whatsoever. They all probably started bothering again recently when it looked like they might make a push and t'Rhino's have been doing worse than usual in recent years, bunch of fucking yokels. I echo Tom's sentiment, I hope we go out and buy a bunch of PL level players for a fucking fortune in January. Is that lad with the broken leg or whatever it was joining us? I can't remember if we ever actually agreed his transfer.

Knockaert especially would be great, would take probably the best player away from the team closest to us as well as bringing in a lad who I think would do well in the PL with the experience he has been getting.

Like they do with Man Utd, who don't give a single shit about them

Knockaert especially would be great, would take probably the best player away from the team closest to us as well as bringing in a lad who I think would do well in the PL with the experience he has been getting.

It would be stupidity for them to risk the rewards of promotion by selling their best player. Won't happen

Edited by TheGingerQuiff

It would be stupidity for them to risk the rewards of promotion by selling their best player. Won't happen

I don't think it would, we already tried in the summer and didn't get him. Was more just thinking it would be hilarious especially given all the fucking whiners already crying that we're buying the league and it's so unfair.

Like they do with Man Utd, who don't give a single shit about them

True enough. They're like a mutt at a window; every time someone walks past, they bark and growl and yap, and not a single fuck is given by the passer by. :lol:

Oh I know, just meant it'd be hilarious to se the league-wide meltdown as we basically cheat at football manager.