Rafa Benitez

Anorthernsoul

His first interview here on the club site. Club decided to make it free to all.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20160311/nufctv-benitez-the-first-interview_2281670_5412606

That interview - apart from being devoid of the usual irritating platitudes and soundbites (I was listening out for the phrase 'ten cup finals' but it never came, mercifully), seemed to highlight that Benitez reckons our issue is a confidence one. He spent quite a bit of time stating that we shouldn't get on the team's back if they make a mistake, or if he does, etc. I think he'll actually get a lot more slack than he thinks he will with the fans, I suspect that most will be genuinely behind this appointment. I guess the main message then is about the players...

I think at the same time though, that has to come from them. Benitez's arrival gives them a prime opportunity to shake off all the negativity, as everyone will be behind the team again to start with - but if people like Sissoko continue to be ineffectual and lazy, I wonder if that negativity is going to come back in.

Personally, I'm content that the club has now done everything it can (while not excusing the horrendous mistakes made to get us to this point which should be reviewed at the end of the season) to turn this around as of this moment, so there seems little point in any negativity now.

Wahey! Rafa Banitez, eh? Fabulous.

What a strange set of circumstances. Under what other scenario would this club been able to attract a Rafa Banitez? Wonderfully the stars, moon, and planets are aligned perfectly for him to be available and finding this a massive enough challenge to be part of.

Thank You Alan Pardew, John Carver, Joe Kinnear, Charnley and Ashley. Your collective incompetence has led to this minor miracle.

Unbelievable that these useless knackers that have been in the bottom 3 all season under McClaren suddenly have an opportunity to play for a manager of this calibre. If that's not a rocket up the arse for them then they need new careers

:lol: I can just see Sissoko giving a fuck now, the absolute fucking arsehole he is. .

I'm actually excited for our next game even though it's against Leicester, despite the excitement I'm actually glad it's a Monday so that Rafa has the whole weekend with the team.

I'll still be truly amazed if he keeps us up. It's very well talking about positivity and negativity but the truth is we have hardly been able to pass, defend or score all season. Smiling and positive thinking won't change that.

Good luck to him though.

I'll still be truly amazed if he keeps us up. It's very well talking about positivity and negativity but the truth is we have hardly been able to pass, defend or score all season. Smiling and positive thinking won't change that.

Good luck to him though.

What's that phrase, "You can't polish a turd".

Hopefully a bit of organisation and positivity will clean it up a little bit.

This is a canny read for know nouts like myself.

http://m.shieldsgazette.com/sport/newcastle-united/latest-nufc-news/rafa-benitez-training-methods-and-tactics-newcastle-players-and-fans-can-expect-1-7792232#ixzz42buqoMR7

I particularly like this bit.

"His teams have always played with a high tempo and positive aggression, pressing opponents in key areas across the pitch".

I love it when I see that from a team.

Edited by Christmas Tree

First off - absolutely brilliant. I don't think any of us could have dreamed of this a week ago. Rafa the gaffer.

However, the team have been so inept all season, it has some people wondering if anyone could save us. I'd just like to temper this with a couple of points:

• There have been some games that have shown our promise (West Ham at home, West Brom at home being two main examples). We passed the ball very well at times in both those games
  • If you look back to the last time we put a run together, under dear old Pardew, the team hasn't changed much and, if anything, is stronger now: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/29868777 (Never understood getting shot of Abeid mind)

Good luck to him though.

Amazed? A coach of his caliber should be able to get the best out of these players. Wont be easy but he should be able to do it, especially with the fixtures we'e got.

Whats the percentage chance of us staying up now Fish?

Amazed? A coach of his caliber should be able to get the best out of these players. Wont be easy but he should be able to do it, especially with the fixtures we'e got.

Whats the percentage chance of us staying up now Fish?

He should if it's not the players that have been the problem.

I just keep reminding myself - all we need is to get more points than norwich and sunderland from what look like easier games. Still a big ask but at least we have a chance of staying up now.

If only this had been done a month ago eh?

This is a canny read for know nouts like myself.

http://m.shieldsgazette.com/sport/newcastle-united/latest-nufc-news/rafa-benitez-training-methods-and-tactics-newcastle-players-and-fans-can-expect-1-7792232#ixzz42buqoMR7

I particularly like this bit.

"His teams have always played with a high tempo and positive aggression, pressing opponents in key areas across the pitch".

I love it when I see that from a team.

You watch much of Dortmund under Klopp like?

Not like you to be negative, troops.

I've seen too many false dawns bonny lad if he's still here next season I'll be happier at the moment I'm looking at he's only here for about 8 weeks.

It's hard to believe an imbecile like Charnley managed to get someone of Benitez calibre to come & have a go. This is the same imbecile that handed over the team to Carver. We've gone from Carver to Benitez in 12 months it's really mind blowing. As I said before if he's still here next season then Charnley really has done something clever. But for now don't get too carried away let's just see what these 8 weeks bring

Charnley didn't though. All the negotiations were done through agents with Charnley just there for the signing of the contract. Hopefully Ashley will now see what a worthless lickspittle he is.

Charnley didn't though. All the negotiations were done through agents with Charnley just there for the signing of the contract. Hopefully Ashley will now see what a worthless lickspittle he is.

So the chances are he didn't sack McClaren either ? imagine being told by that little toad you were fired

I actually reckon this was driven by Ashley. Charnley never would have gone for this, especially with what they're paying, without Ashley putting the fear into him if we go down. He won't have handpicked Benitez, but he will have made it clear to Charnley that he can't fuck up again.