Rafa Benitez

Anorthernsoul

It was an open secret that he'd be joining them at the end of this season, which makes it all the more bizarre they've pulled the trigger now - things really must not have been working behind the scenes. 

If Benitez was a free agent he'd probably be exactly the kind of person they'd get in to bridge the gap this season, but...

36 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

It was an open secret that he'd be joining them at the end of this season, which makes it all the more bizarre they've pulled the trigger now - things really must not have been working behind the scenes. 

If Benitez was a free agent he'd probably be exactly the kind of person they'd get in to bridge the gap this season, but...

Rafa will never go there just to "bridge the cap"

I don't understand why Rafa keeps starting Perez and giving him so much playing time. Surely he can see that Perez is very lightweight and is accomplishing very little this season. I'm not a fan of Diame but I think he would be more productive than Perez in that position. Unless Perez is in play with the ball he just trots around marking space and never shows urgent effort to close in on opponents with the ball.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Anyone see Garth Crooks earlier? Said quite reasonably, that with the right resources, Benitez could win a title. Danny Mills the badly little cock sat next to him acting like he had said something absurd. 

Rafa has already won a title, last season and La liga:mellow:

( i had to edit my post as i forgot he won La Liga )  what a bloke 

Edited by Tdansmith

Loving this slow tempo - 'slowly slowly catchy monkey' thing Rafa has going on...Players jogging about like a practice match with positional discipline and the occasional sudden upping of the press and attack. Teams are getting hypnotized. Just enjoying a master tactician in charge.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

then you had the headbutting sex pest, the hipo-heeded bung merchant, the ginger drip with the least convincing combover since donald trump....

Yeah, only Robson and Keegan are up there with Rafa .. Dalglish was a man of integrity but had a right sour demeanour..

You can add to the list above dutch dreadlock holiday and the scottish leg breaker