Rafa Benitez

Anorthernsoul

If the takeover falls through,I cannot see Rafa signing another contract.He knows he cannot trust fatty so the usual bollocks from fatty,such as ' Rafa has money to spend' won't be acceptable .Unless fatty hands over an amount to Rafa to spend,meaning Rafa is involved with all negotiations,he'll be off in the summer.It's far too easy to say to the manager ' Sorry,the players demands were ridiculous,so we decided against signing him'.

No takeover = No Rafa

1 hour ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

If the takeover falls through,I cannot see Rafa signing another contract.He knows he cannot trust fatty so the usual bollocks from fatty,such as ' Rafa has money to spend' won't be acceptable .Unless fatty hands over an amount to Rafa to spend,meaning Rafa is involved with all negotiations,he'll be off in the summer.It's far too easy to say to the manager ' Sorry,the players demands were ridiculous,so we decided against signing him'.

No takeover = No Rafa

Well worked out 

Rafa Benitez:

“The Newcastle fans are very clever, they know what is going on.

(Asked about any January signings) “I hope we can (still) do something.”

Trying to remain positive but looked pissed off.

Rafa  was asked if he would stay at Newcastle if he was not backed by at least one new signing before Wednesday night:

“I have to just worry about Burnley and that’s it. I think the fans are very clever and they know what is going on.”

“What I have to do is keep going. I am a professional and I want to do well.”

“I am happy with the city, the fans and can see the potential of the club.”  “I have to be sure that everybody understands the message, we have the same idea and we are on the same page.”

“We have to keep working hard.” “I am sure I will keep working as hard as now with all my staff. We try to improve the team.”

“I think if we do anything we don’t have time for this game against Burnley.”

“At least we will have time to do something.”

• 3 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, StoneColdStephenIreland said:

Rafas obviously a big fan. 

Going off recent results and performances you can see why, we missed Dummett in a big way while he was out and we look a damn sight more solid with him in the back line, love those slide tackles.

• Like 1

The fact that we've not had a proper leftback playing all season while Dummett was out has meant he's looked better than he probably should have since he came back.  That said, I've never been anything close to a fan of his and I've been impressed with him since he's returned to the team.  I didn't take much notice of him doing ok last season because most of the time he was up against dross.  But now he's putting in comparable performances in the top division too.  He's still pretty useless going forward, which is especially disappointing since he has a pretty decent left peg, but defensively you can't knock him much at all.

• Like 1

Happy for him. If he keeps up his current trajectory who knows his limit, one day he might even have his own thread where this sort of news could be posted.

• Haha 1

Steady, reliable, does his job, gives 100%. You’d want an upgrade ideally but a valuable squad member. Showed some mental strength to overcome some OTT stick from the fans as well.