3 minutes ago, LeicesterFox said:

Sorry, also don't know what that means

5th best thing to come out Belgium, after;

1: Phiiiiilllliiiiip Albert

2: Beer

3: Chocolate 

4: Paedos. 

5 hours ago, ewerk said:

And no disrespect to Leicester but I don’t think you’re a big enough club to tempt Rafa.

You are right, Leicester does not have the fan base or the stadium as big as Newcastle, but we have the money, owners, and ambition to get there. We just need a Manager who has the same ambition. If Rafa leaves Newcastle and that is a BIG if I hope he chooses Leicester. If Ashley does sell and leaves and you get proper owners I hope Rafa stays with Newcastle. That is because I would like to see Rafa have the chance to build something from the ground up.   

10 minutes ago, LeicesterFox said:

Rafa is a great Manager. To be honest he has come in and bought Newcastle back up to the Premiership where they belong. If Newcastle are in turmoil and you have a Manager that has the pedigree of Rafa, he will be linked to other clubs, not just Leicester. 

I know he’ll be linked, he has been since about 2 month after he walked into the club. My point was it seemed like a wind up attempt by you. 

I also don’t see how Newcastle are in any turmoil tbh, unless you’re classing Rafa trying to get funding from Ashley turmoil which imo it’s not. I would say Leicester are in far more turmoil as things stand, likely to fire their manager and the star player wants out so badly he bleached his hair so that he’d stand out even more on the pitch. 

Edited by Howay

Yes, we have our own problems. Riad wanted to go for nearly 2 years and I think/hope he will in the Summer, it seems that every transfer window he wants to go and is waiting at the Airport ready to fly to whichever destination is willing to pay. If he doesn't get his wish he has a strop, goes on strike for two weeks and to be honest I would be glad if he left. Most of the players need replacing. Our Manager has been chopping and changing the team so much over the last 6 months and his team selection has baffled everyone even before the game has started. We manage a clean sheet against Southampton and instead of sticking with the defense we change it and lose 5-0.

We have our own forum and at the moment around 40% want the Manager gone otherwise we will be fighting our own relegation battle next season. On our forum, people are asking which Manager we want. Rafa has been near the top of the list every time. Most clubs would love Rafa as their Manager.  

On 29/04/2018 at 17:38, LeicesterFox said:

Yes, we have our own problems. Riad wanted to go for nearly 2 years and I think/hope he will in the Summer, it seems that every transfer window he wants to go and is waiting at the Airport ready to fly to whichever destination is willing to pay. If he doesn't get his wish he has a strop, goes on strike for two weeks and to be honest I would be glad if he left. Most of the players need replacing. Our Manager has been chopping and changing the team so much over the last 6 months and his team selection has baffled everyone even before the game has started. We manage a clean sheet against Southampton and instead of sticking with the defense we change it and lose 5-0.

We have our own forum and at the moment around 40% want the Manager gone otherwise we will be fighting our own relegation battle next season. On our forum, people are asking which Manager we want. Rafa has been near the top of the list every time. Most clubs would love Rafa as their Manager.  

Echo what someone else has said, I don't think Benitez would trade Newcastle for Leicester. We've had a terrible time of late, but we remain a club with huge potential and the existing infrastructure to meet that potential. There's a small group of clubs that meet Benitez' criteria and, frankly, Leicester aren't one of them. 

To be honest, Leicester should have been scouring the globe for a manager that can grow with the club. A Pochettino type; young hungry, talented etc. They should be looking to establish themselves as a top half side and working damn hard to capitalise on the sudden and unexpected leap forward.

On 4/29/2018 at 17:23, LeicesterFox said:

You are right, Leicester does not have the fan base or the stadium as big as Newcastle, but we have the money, owners, and ambition to get there. We just need a Manager who has the same ambition. If Rafa leaves Newcastle and that is a BIG if I hope he chooses Leicester. If Ashley does sell and leaves and you get proper owners I hope Rafa stays with Newcastle. That is because I would like to see Rafa have the chance to build something from the ground up.   

Mate Leicester isn't a spor on Newcastle in terms of fanbase.  Never will be.  Neither is West Ham.  What they do, a huge admittance by their fans, is use the ground as a tourist venue which makes them get over 50,000.  Even then it's always empty looking at the seats who have probably been bought by touts who can't get rid of them.  In terms of true fanbase only Man Utd, Arsenal and Liverpool beat us.  They've always been there.  Your West Ham's, your Leicester's, your Derby's, even your Leeds' can never be compared to us.  FFS even Liverpool wouldn't have our support without a trophy since 1969.   We should be part of the THE BIG FOUR which we were in the 90s and at the start of the 00's, but we're not and new age fans don't recognise what we should be and indeed are.  In BRITISH football history we are the fourth best supported club.  The owners of Man City, obviously wanted us before them and would've had us but for that fat cunt owner we have, Abramovic wanted a London club with potential of gaining huge amounts of plastic fans.  We should be on another galaxy to Leicester, who won the most mental title in at least six decade which is why I will applaud them till the day I die.  However, to go on about catching us in terms of fanbase, it could happen globally (but who gives a fuck), but in England it can't ever happen.

Edited by McFaul
  • Like 1

This from todays Chronicle

Rafa Benitez is after written guarantees about his future transfer budget and powers.

Newcastle boss Benitez has been offered a new deal by the club, to extend a contract which has one season left to run.

1 minute ago, trooper said:

This from todays Chronicle

Rafa Benitez is after written guarantees about his future transfer budget and powers.

Newcastle boss Benitez has been offered a new deal by the club, to extend a contract which has one season left to run.

He's got one foot out the door mate

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

He's got one foot out the door mate

It's up to Ashley the balls in his court Rafa is in a very strong position. 

29 minutes ago, SpaceCadet said:

It appears everybody other than me is confident that Rafa is staying, nobody here agrees with me on anything at all :lol:

Ah don't worry fella, troops is pretty sure the sky is ready to fall on NUFC at any given moment pretty much all the time, he'll be on your wavelength for this matter.

The takeover will happen, Benitez will spend north of £100m on players, we'll finish top half and get to a cup final. /Parky

• Like 2

If Rafa hasn't signed an extension to his contract there'll be the likes of Napoli and others looking to bring him in and that extension hangs on whether or not Ashley offers Rafa funds to improve the squad and the word is Rafa wants it written on paper after having his fingers burned already.

3 minutes ago, SpaceCadet said:

If Rafa hasn't signed an extension to his contract there'll be the likes of Napoli and others looking to bring him in and that extension hangs on whether or not Ashley offers Rafa funds to improve the squad and the word is Rafa wants it written on paper after having his fingers burned already.

Napoli won't be, hes managed them before and Sarri is revered by their fans, if he leaves they'll go to another italian coach.