Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Making a Molester , Season 2 for that Sunderland Netflix special

He represents Ashley's model in such undiluted shitness that no, he does not deserve any support. Change needs to be forced, he needs to be out of the club because crap, old managers ready for the kna

Get in, Rafa. Far too many managers talking about how they wouldn't want to disrupt the game and sabotage the "entertainment". Like football is a show in which racism must occasionally be tolerated, r

Posted Images

23 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

I played 5-a-side with Andy Carroll at the Gateshead Leisure Centre. He was on one of the teams in a local tournament. Top that

 

21 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

 

I'll see your Andy Carroll/5 aside and I'll raise you Wayne Fereday B)

 

Used to play against Stevie Watson at Wallsend boys club, played against Robbie Elliott for my school, played against Lee Clark and Alan Thompson 'around the doors/at school' the odd time. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

 

Used to play against Stevie Watson at Wallsend boys club, played against Robbie Elliott for my school, played against Lee Clark and Alan Thompson 'around the doors/at school' the odd time. 

 

Aye, well Colin Todd called me a "canny lad" when me and my dad bumped into him after our reserves played Bolton's. Beat that! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Me and my Dad bumped in to Supermac in the mid 70s on Grey Street, as he was coming away from his Boutique on High Bridge. 

I was suitably awestruck for a young ‘un, my Dad said, criminally underwhelmed, 

” How Mac!”

and Supermac responded in kind. 

Few steps further down and my old man, clearly upset by Mr. MacDonald’s flares and flowery shirt, mutters 

“ Bloody ponce”. 

:icon_lol:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

 

Used to play against Stevie Watson at Wallsend boys club, played against Robbie Elliott for my school, played against Lee Clark and Alan Thompson 'around the doors/at school' the odd time. 

They were all the year above me. You old bastard 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 02:31, Ayatollah Hermione said:

I played 5-a-side with Andy Carroll at the Gateshead Leisure Centre. He was on one of the teams in a local tournament. Top that

 

 

Top that is easy Hermione, played on the same team as Stanley Mathews in an over 35 tournament in Long Beach California. He was a guest player.

Mind you I had turned 50 and he was around 70, he only played 20 minutes but you could still see the magic.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

 

Aye, well Colin Todd called me a "canny lad" when me and my dad bumped into him after our reserves played Bolton's. Beat that! 

Ron 'Cassius Clay' McGarry used to ask me and my Dad how the toon got on when we walked past his bookies in Walkergate after being at the game. The first time it happened my Dad had to inform me he played for Newcastle in the 60s. 

1 hour ago, Alex said:

They were all the year above me. You old bastard 

Thought you were a couple of years older than me, mind. There's a few on here who are though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Ron 'Cassius Clay' McGarry used to ask me and my Dad how the toon got on when we walked past his bookies in Walkergate after being at the game.

 

:lol: Someone revive the shit claims to fame thread so I can tell the story about holding a door open for Steve Cram again

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

 

:lol: Someone revive the shit claims to fame thread so I can tell the story about holding a door open for Steve Cram again

:lol:

 

The only way I could better your cram story is if I'd shut the door on him. Can't compete with cram, that's me out. You'd have to have met a genuine star like van basten or something? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

 

:lol: Someone revive the shit claims to fame thread so I can tell the story about holding a door open for Steve Cram again

I once waited to greet Peter Beardsley at some event, and when he appeared out the lift I walked over, offered my hand, and said “hello I’m Peter Beardsley”

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Alex said:

They were all the year above me. You old bastard 

 

On 12/05/2018 at 09:44, Howmanheyman said:

 

Used to play against Stevie Watson at Wallsend boys club, played against Robbie Elliott for my school, played against Lee Clark and Alan Thompson 'around the doors/at school' the odd time. 

 

You both from wallsend? alan thompson lived near us in battle hill. was a couple of years younger than me .

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...