Rafa Benitez

Anorthernsoul

Am actually more excited by this than I was with the prospect of surviving relegation. If he stays it can only mean that Ashley must have had a review of his methods and be willing to change. And why not? Whatever you think of him, Ashley isn't stupid and will learn from mistakes, he could never have been successful otherwise.

That thrashing of spurs may have been much more significant and important than we thought. It's possible next season may be very enjoyable indeed.

In years when we look back on the titles and cups under Rafa, I will firmly believe that it all started with that crown on Sunday.

Always rants on social media about what a crowd can do together protesting, but that crowd, particularly given all the circumstances, was magnificent.

Made me feel very very proud to support this club.

In years when we look back on the titles and cups under Rafa, I will firmly believe that it all started with that crown on Sunday.

Always rants on social media about what a crowd can do together protesting, but that crowd, particularly given all the circumstances, was magnificent.

Calm down now... Still in the championship!

Gay.

i feel a bit giddy like CT too. weirdly optimistic despite the relegation. if this disaster is what it takes for ashley finally to change his approach, hire quality staff and let them get on with running the club, then it has to be a good thing ... long term. whether he's prepared to cede control remains to be seen.

I just feel like, even if he agrees to stay this week, things are always gonna be on a knife edge with Ashley and Charnley behind the scenes. Plus there's always the danger of a bigger club coming knocking.

I think this is gonna be like a 40 year old fat bloke going out with a 25 year old model and constantly worrying that she's gonna leave him.

I think this is gonna be like a 40 year old fat bloke going out with a 25 year old model and constantly worrying that she's gonna leave him.

This is more than just an analogy, isn't it? Anything you want to get off your chest?

This is more than just an analogy, isn't it? Anything you want to get off your chest?

Maybe about the bit where the next three years is gonna be like where she gets up to go to the toilet and you turn to your mates and say "Do you think she loves me?"

And overanalysing every text. And constantly having to worry about younger blokes catching her eye.

And... no Renty babes, my new woman is 39. :razz: But the analogy holds across all of the above. It's going to be a torrid time whether he stays or goes.

If Rafa takes control surely "The 3 C's" (Charnley, Carr & Concur) will have no use.

We'll still need a chief exec though.

Carr you'd think he would replace with his own man, the fuck does Moncur even do other than write shit articles defending the board?

He's a club legend, I think we need people like that inside the club. I don't think he has much influence on the board

I refer you now to my previous post about shit articles.

Tarnishing his legendariness with every inch his nose slides up ashleys backside

Moncur has tarnished his reputation by linking himself to Ashley, as has Beardsley, but they are club legends and personally I think as a club we should do more to keep links with the past. Beardsley seems to be a hopeless coach so I don't want him in the job he currently has but I think it's good to have these people as ambassadors for the club. As long as they have no real responsibilities.

It probably doesn't help that Moncur was here during the Westwood days tbh. For me Moncur will always be a legend for the club,

Beardsley is doing a terrible job, our U21's basically lose every game.

The 3 C's have to go they will serve no purpose if Rafa's going to be allowed to rebuild the club. ALL deadwood must go as brutal as that sounds from the top to the bottom. If you want Concur & Beardsley involved let them do the meet & greet on match days or something

"I’d still be very surprised if he was to be Newcastle manager.

I’m sure he’ll have many offers.

And I’m sure he’ll have many questions that he wants to ask the owner, and many assurances that he’ll want to ask - including about whether he will be allowed to manage the [whole] football club. He’ll want all that down in black and white.

I hope he stays but I’d be surprised"

- Alan Shearer

Moncur absolutely should not be involved at Board level. So he once captained the club to a trophy almost 50 years ago? Thanks, but that is not a qualification for a job at an executive level 50 years later.

If he's not bringing anything to the role, get rid of him.