Rafa Benitez

Anorthernsoul

From Ashley:

He can have every last penny that the club generates through promotion, player sales and other means.

Wasn't that always the deal?

8 minutes ago, ewerk said:

From Ashley:

Wasn't that always the deal?

Was it ever explicitly stated?

Wheres that from anyway?

16 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Was it ever explicitly stated?

Wheres that from anyway?

As above, it's from the club statement. I'm pretty sure that Ashley or Charnley have previously been on the record as saying that we can spend what we generate.

Aye but it's always been reported that Ashley was signing the cheques in the background. I suspect this is more of a switch to stuff not needing his approval (which is what seemingly caused problems in January). The way they've worded it is face-saving

11 minutes ago, ewerk said:

As above, it's from the club statement. I'm pretty sure that Ashley or Charnley have previously been on the record as saying that we can spend what we generate.

do you think the "other means"  would be SD money?  it all seems deliberately vague.

Edited by tooner

Rafa quotes:

I’m pleased with how the meeting went and the positive approach we are all taking together to build on what we have started this season.

“There will be challenges ahead of course, the summer will not be easy, but the hard work has been going on for some time and we can now continue positively with the development of the squad ahead of the start of the new season.

“I wish fans an enjoyable summer!” 

Just now, TheGingerQuiff said:

No point in criticising Ashley now over things that happened a decade ago

I think you're arguing with his Sig mate