Rafa Benitez

Anorthernsoul

17 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Rafa staying means we can expect some quality signings from abroad. I'd be very surprised if Gayle is first choice next season

Mitro 

Shelvey

Neymar

B)

52 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Good. 

I'd be more worried if they thought this squad was good enough for the top flight and felt assured of their places.

Agreed, from what I've heard of him in the media Rafa loves creating competition in the squad which is class imo. Far better than it was when the opposition manager knew exactly who Pardew would pick, in fact they could also note 'will sub left back between minutes 60 and 75'. 

Well, it's all gone better than I could have imagined a few weeks ago. Still wary of Ashley, but it does seem like Rafa has convinced him to get behind him in a way McClaren or Pardew never could have.

The idea we'll be spending as much as anyone outside the top 6 is encouraging too.

12 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Rafa staying means we can expect some quality signings from abroad. I'd be very surprised if Gayle is first choice next season

Not least because of concerns with his fitness

Having a nap I dreamt the title of this thread was changed to "the (apparent) end" and first post I read said "betting suspended".

Was somewhat comforted that the Chronicle headline read "Jezzie Jezzie Jezza" or something.

Had to immediately wake up and check. :lol:

13 hours ago, adios said:

Having a nap I dreamt the title of this thread was changed to "the (apparent) end" and first post I read said "betting suspended".

Was somewhat comforted that the Chronicle headline read "Jezzie Jezzie Jezza" or something.

Had to immediately wake up and check. :lol:

Meth. Not even once.

I think we have a massive chance to actually do something in the premier league with Rafa.

As long as Ashley gives him the required funds, then I believe Rafa will get the right players to do a decent job over the next few years, with a real possibility of actually winning something and getting back to champions league football.

It's a long shot at the moment, plus a bit pie in the sky, but the anticipation and excitement level has went up a good few notches, I think.

And this is potentially throughout the club, not just with the fans.

I'd love to us being talked about as a threat to the bigger teams and also back to the days where teams just didn't look forward to coming to St' James' Park.

That last game against Barnsley will have given a massive glimpse of what the players and manager can expect should be win something big and/or qualify for the champions league over the next few years. Hopefully sooner...but I won't get too far above my station with greed. B)