Rafa Benitez

Anorthernsoul

16 minutes ago, sammynb said:

FFS Trooper give the man a break, he's trying to get on with his job of pre-season.

Highly unlikely but I'm hoping Rafa's silence is because the fat cunt is actually in the process of selling up and Rafa know all will change soon.

I'm dreaming aren't I?

He's not selling us anytime soon he's just got the goose that lays the golden eggs again (premiership football) thats why there's a £400 million asking price on the club

Rafa Benitez talking to the Chronicle:

“We are working very hard and trying to get as close as possible to some signings.

“When I had the meeting with Mike Ashley (in May) I was confident that after that meeting we have the money available and the wages.

“Everything is in place to move forward.

“Hopefully, Mike Ashley can keep his word and we can do what we want to do.”

This from Ireland from Rafa

When asked his message to fans on the recruitment front, Benitez said: “We are working very hard and trying to get as close as possible to some signings.enitez When I had the meeting with Mike Ashley I was confident that after that meeting we have the money available and the wages.

“Everything is in place to move forward.

“Hopefully, Mike can keep his word and we can do what we want to do.”

keegan mark II written all over this. i hope the fat cunt has learned his lesson and doesn't revert to type. problem is he doesn't like it when his employees confront him so i reckon this is going to end in tears. 

To me, that reads like we still have time to bring people in, and that Rafa is hoping this will be the case. This situation is no different to where we were a couple of weeks ago to be frank. If the signings come, they come. The only thing that's really changed is the available time left to sign them.

Rafa's statement doesn't change anything as far as I can tell.

2 minutes ago, strawb said:

Still don't think he will walk, but if he does I think that's enough for me until Ashley is gone.

Agree with this.

7 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

To me, that reads like we still have time to bring people in, and that Rafa is hoping this will be the case. This situation is no different to where we were a couple of weeks ago to be frank. If the signings come, they come. The only thing that's really changed is the available time left to sign them.

Rafa's statement doesn't change anything as far as I can tell.

Agree with this.

Hopefully, Mike Ashley can keep his word.. says a lot to me Ray

Edited by trooper

Just now, trooper said:

Hopefully, Mike Ashley can keep his word.. ays a lot to me Ray

You reckon? I think it implies that Rafa isn't on the brink of walking out, and that there's a time window he has in mind for Ashley to deliver. But we knew that going into the summer, so as I say, it's not really changing anything. Even if the squad remains as it is, I can't see any clear evidence in that statement which suggests Rafa will leave.

Has Rafa ever quit from a previous position? Not as far as I can recall.

Just now, ewerk said:

How much of it is lack of funds and how much is it down to having an incompetent lickspittle doing the negotiating?

Genuinely think Charnley is a bigger problem for the club than Ashley in the short term.

13 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

The only thing that's really changed is the available time left to sign them.

Pretty feckin' important metric though.

I do think the money's there, it just turns out it's fuck all in the current market.