Rafa Benitez

Anorthernsoul

5 minutes ago, trooper said:

I try a cheeky bid for Vardy

Would you offer as much as your proposed cheeky bid for Giroud with was equal to how much nathan ake moved for?

7 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Would you offer as much as your proposed cheeky bid for Giroud with was equal to how much nathan ake moved for?

Well a site we got up on here last week valued Vardy at £15 million so in todays inflated price i'd say 25/30. He must be worth a cheeky £25 million bid 

Edited by trooper

5 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Also, Rafa has added the pace we need with Atsu and Murphy, especially if Aarons stays fit also. You'll be surprised at what we can do if we can break quickly with them

That's fairy nuff but Gayles injury ( hamstring ) & Mitrovic's lack of prowess on goal im not enthused. I still think we need that proven striker & a mate for Shelvey if it means blowing the rest of the budget so be it.

12 minutes ago, LooneyToony said:

I just worry if Rafa will stay here building the club at this pace. 

It's just one season. We consolidate this year then we're on basically an even footing with the bottom 12 next season - which means we can push for top 10.

Beyond that who knows, maybe top ten is about as good as it gets under Ashley - but Rafa can certainly get us that far, and in two years it would be a fairly speedy achievement.

59 minutes ago, trooper said:

Well a site we got up on here last week valued Vardy at £15 million so in todays inflated price i'd say 25/30. He must be worth a cheeky £25 million bid 

That's probably the same site that values Murphy at £750k.  Those sites are complete tosh when it comes to player valuations.  I can't understand why anyone gives them any credence.

Also why on earth would Vardy (the player who knocked back Arsenal last summer) want to come and play for us at the moment?  It's absolute pie in the sky stuff.  We should have been in for Iheanacho and Hernandez for me.  Others might have gone in for them also and they might not have chosen us, but they were both posibilities.  I'd definitely be asking Chelsea for Batshuayi on loan but I doubt they'll let him move until later in the window.  Remy must surely be worth a punt too.

1 hour ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Also, Rafa has added the pace we need with Atsu and Murphy, especially if Aarons stays fit also. You'll be surprised at what we can do if we can break quickly with them

We've not added Atsu, he was here last season and his pace didn't get us very far then.  I was hoping he'd improve with better players around him but it's not looking he's going to have that luxury as things stand.

5 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

We've not added Atsu, he was here last season and his pace didn't get us very far then.  I was hoping he'd improve with better players around him but it's not looking he's going to have that luxury as things stand.

Aye but we had to be on the front foot more last season. We won't be doing that this year, so bursting counter attacks should be more effective.

17 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

We did get promoted

40 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

He finished the season in great form, you talk some shite mind :icon_lol:

Great form, fuck off.  He couldn't keep Gouffran (a player who no one on here could believe we offered a new contract to) out of the team most of the season.  He did to a bit better towards the end with a couple of goals but he only started 15 games all season.  We were much weaker on the left side of the team throughout.  

Edited by David Kelly

51 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Aye but we had to be on the front foot more last season. We won't be doing that this year, so bursting counter attacks should be more effective.

Aye that's fair enough.  I don't disagree at all about the point about counter attacking and pace.  I was just making the point that Atsu was here last season and he wasn't particularly good.

Starting 15 games isn't his fault really, continual managers have played Gouffran despite him being shite. He finished the season strongly, he wants to play for the club and will be full of confidence going into the new season. He also has the potential to get better as he's still relatively young, it was a good signing for me.

Edited by Anorthernsoul

He's got more potential than Gouffran that's for sure but he's 25 and never managed to hold down a regular starting place anywhere.  He didn't start most of the time ahead of Gouffran mainly because he didn't perform well enough (although I do think Gouffran's efforts defensively in front of Dummett were also a consideration).  

I hope you're right but I doubt he'll play much more of a part this coming season than he did last.

Suppose we'll just have to see how the season pans out but looking at the transfer fees being dished out so far I think the fee for him looks like pennies so hopefully he can put some decent performances in.

One more point about Gouffran, he rarely offered any sort of decent form yet played nearly every week over the past few years, regardless of how poor he was. He must have been like Maradona in training because he played like Madonna in most games.