Rafa Benitez

Anorthernsoul

37 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

The fact he did it, even for a few other clubs, tells you it wasn't doesn't done just for a laugh.

He owns a sports shop. He wants to sell shirts to football fans. You don’t have to buy a club for that.

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

He owns a sports shop. He wants to sell shirts to football fans. You don’t have to buy a club for that.

Why buy a domain with the name NUFC. Direct? He already sold shirts to fans from his sports shop.

3 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Why do the same with Rangers six months before registering ours? And it was likely done with many other clubs.

It’s unlikely to have been Ashley’s idea.

I think it's a strange thing to do tbh. He registered ours, he registered Rangers, it would be interesting to see what other clubs he or his 'team' registered as a domain. 

7 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I’m not sure how you’d find out. But he wasn’t planning his involvement in Rangers eight years in advance.

In our case he's got to be near to a trademark issue I'd have thought with the 'nufc' name? Why the need? He's already got a sports shop and a website for it. I don't buy that he bought us just for some fun although no doubt he enjoyed his honeymoon period while he could.

1 hour ago, Sonatine said:

This has popped up again according to Caulkin, nothing to do with season ticket renewal time I'm sure...

I hope he tells Ashley to Vete a la mierda

1 hour ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

He has to sign before PCP pay. £280m straight cash deal.

Bookmark this.

The only conceivable way he’d extend his contract is if the takeover is happening.

5 hours ago, Sonatine said:

This has popped up again according to Caulkin, nothing to do with season ticket renewal time I'm sure...

Caulkins added Rafa wont discuss anything until the transfer window closes.

Recap of what Benitez said at todays presser.

Rafa is still hopeful he’ll have at least one signing by the close of the window

On whether they’ll break the club’s transfer record he would only say they’d have to wait and see

On Nicolai Jorgensen he just said he did not deal with transfer negotiations and merely gave those who do his A, B and C targets

On Mitrovic, he said if someone does sign he’ll be able to consider offers for him, but only from teams outside of the Premier League

He acknowledged Brighton’s bid but said he wouldn’t sell to a rival unless, he joked, they were willing to pay £500m

He spoke of Kenedy signing, how he’d watched him since the summer and said he’s a great option who adds quality and versatility to the squad

He said that the window should be reduced because 31 days is too long in the middle of a season when you’re left with uncertainty over certain players

On the FA Cup game at Chelsea, he said he’s unlikely to bring any youngsters in because he says there are too many first team players on the fringes who would deserve a chance if he was to switch things up

Injury wise, Lejeune has been back running this week. Everyone is fit except Jesus Gamez, although the suggestion was that Mitrovic won’t be involved

Asked about his time at Chelsea, he said he enjoyed his time there and was proud of what he achieved, but said his only focus was on Newcastle now

Edited by trooper
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, trooper said:

Asked about his time at Chelsea, he said he enjoyed his time there and was proud of what he achieved, but said his only focus was on Newcastle now

Rafa should get a good reception off the Chelsea fans because he won them the Europa League and qualified for the Champions League finishing 3rd. 

Oh..hang on :unsure: