Leicester City v Newcastle United

trophyshy

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going away to a vibrant team with 3/4's of our preferred back 4 missing and one of the back four not even a defender? Nailed on defeat, I just hope Rafa gets to organise a fitter team next week and beyond. Was at ewood for KK's first away game at promotion chasing Blackburn when we came back down to earth with a bump. Regardless, though, at least a few of them should be awakened from their sleepwalking performances.

I'm not expecting anything result wise but I am quite excited to see if Rafa can just get some sort of organised performance from them to set us up for Sunday. He's had very little time to make any real impact though so I won't be getting carried away even if it's a bad as it has been. Maybe the fact that it's on Sky and we've got a new manager will be enough to wake that cunt Sissoko up though.

A week ago I wouldn't have given a shit if Newcastle lost tonight, particularly seeing as it would have helped Leicester on their way to the title. But now that Benitez has arrived, there's actually some peril attached to defeat. Hmm.

It is truly incredible that if we lose tonight, there is a real chance DANNY SIMPSON will become a Premier League Champion.

As it happens if Leicester play like they did up here, then irrespective how good Rafa's managerial debut is we'll get nul pwa.

It is truly incredible that if we lose tonight, there is a real chance DANNY SIMPSON will become a Premier League Champion.

As it happens if Leicester play like they did up here, then irrespective how good Rafa's managerial debut is we'll get nul pwa.

:lol: love it

I'm really surprised at the positivity on here. Sure, Rafa's a top manager, but we've been awful away from home all season and he's only had a few days.

I'm really surprised at the positivity on here. Sure, Rafa's a top manager, but we've been awful away from home all season and he's only had a few days.

don't underestimate the power of the new manager bounce

The new manager effect is rarely based on a quick change in tactics or coaching, it's the positivity that the new appointment generates being carried out onto the pitch by the players.

don't underestimate the power of the new manager bounce

I know, his arrival will have been a rocket under the arse of some of the shitheads (I'm looking at you Mr Sissoko), and will be a confidence boost to players like Mitrovic, Wijnaldum, Shelvey etc

But a lot of what was wrong at Newcastle was formation, was tactics, was :quotes: planning :quotes: and I'm not convinced he's yet had enough time to get those drilled into the players.

this is a bloke they should all respect and the level of coach that few of them will get the chance to play for again. they should all be busting a gut to impress him as most of them won't get another shot at playing for a guy like this again. it's a career-defining period for the likes of sissoko.

The new manager effect is rarely based on a quick change in tactics or coaching, it's the positivity that the new appointment generates being carried out onto the pitch by the players.

I know, I'm just surprised that a lot of people think that'll be enough against the league leaders in their own back yard...

Is that the Thai prozzie you shagged in Bangkok, Stevie? ;)

I know, I'm just surprised that a lot of people think that'll be enough against the league leaders in their own back yard...

There's a difference between thinking and hoping.

This hope is based on something, a new manager bounce, in other words. Not like the fish's belief we'd definitely stay up, despite evidence on the field suggesting otherwise which was more like blind hope.