4-2-3-1

TheGingerQuiff

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He'll go for it, it puts a good question out about shelvey though, is he disciplined enough to be one of the 2 or attacking enough to play behind a lone striker?

Of the 2 I'd say we'd benefit from his passing from deep more than his shooting from 30 yards or so and I'd prefer Wijnaldum in the 10 position anyway, still not sure though.

Seeing pictures of Friday's training, I think I saw Tiote among them as well as DeJong.

I wonder if Saivet can fill in at left-back, he is left-sided.

Perhaps.......

Elliot

Janmaat Taylor Lascelles Saivet

Shelvey Tiote

Sissoko Wijnaldum DeJong

Mitrovic

The defence really is going to be a huge problem. Taylor - Lascelles is the stuff of nightmares, and the left back issue is one I'm not sure how to remedy. Nufc.com reckons Mbemba and Townsend might be back, though, so I'd go:

Elliot

Janmaat Mbemba Taylor Colback

Shelvey Tiote

Perez Wijnaldum Townsend

Mitrovic

Quite where people are coming up with Marveaux, de Jong, or Doumbia to start at this point, though, I'm not sure. Definitely would like to see the latter play a part from the bench, though.

Elliot

Janmaat Taylor Lascalles/Mbmemba Colback

Shelvey

Dejong

Sisoko Wijnaldum Townsend

Mitrovich/Perez

Edit and P.S. - Whoever can play in the middle but slightly deeper between Dejong and Wijnaldum, which is probably Wini, should play alongside Shelvey. But I'd much rather at this point have Wni play farther up the field.

Nothing to lose...play our best players.

Well? I know most of you are sleeping, but what do you guys think about putting De Jong alongside Shelvey instead of Anita or Tiote? I think it could work well if Siem is willing to work hard in the middle.

Edited by LooneyToony

Marveaux.[emoji38]

Of course it's a pipe dream of mine but I think we are crying out for someone just behind the striker who has a football brain and can take a moment to pick the right ball without panicking.

And the "heart of a pea" stuff doesn't wash these days as even Marveaux has a heart of a lion compared to most that have played lately.

Why would you start De Jong, who has hardly played for us this season and won't be match fit?

Well, he may be fit so why not? It's not like playing Anita/Colback/Tiote has worked any better this season. At some point I assume we'll be playing Doumbia and he hasn't played regularly for ages.

Edited by LooneyToony

It's a cliche but this is the one time when the players should really get a clean slate.

Benitez and his coaches must have enough about them to judge all of them on what they do now. There's lots of individual excuses why some players are not at their best. Hopefully the real difference he can make is getting the best out of them over the next ten games. (Before shipping the lot of them).

Well, he may be fit so why not? It's not like playing Anita/Colback/Tiote has worked any better this season. At some point I assume we'll be playing Doumbia and he hasn't played regularly for ages.

He won't be match fit thats why. You cant expect someone whos hardly played all season to be match fit and to gel with his teammates. He really needs a run to do that and we dont have the time. iirc McClaren played him De Jong a few times before his latest freak injury and he was crap, its too risky imo

Of course it's a pipe dream of mine but I think we are crying out for someone just behind the striker who has a football brain and can take a moment to pick the right ball without panicking.

And the "heart of a pea" stuff doesn't wash these days as even Marveaux has a heart of a lion compared to most that have played lately.

Even if what youre saying is true, how can you play someone who has played no first team football all season?

Even if what youre saying is true, how can you play someone who has played no first team football all season?

Taylor, lascelles, Aarons, Townsend, Goufran etc have all hardly kicked a ball all season.

The point is, what we keep doing isn't working. I'd love to think Benitez can suddenly get the best out of Perez, Mitrovic etc but I'd be just as happy for him to shake it up and try something different.

Well? I know most of you are sleeping, but what do you guys think about putting De Jong alongside Shelvey instead of Anita or Tiote? I think it could work well if Siem is willing to work hard in the middle.

I dont think it will work tbh. He's not match fit and we need 'battlers' in midfield. I don't think I've ever seen De Jong make a tackle. The only position I can see De Jong playing is no 10 and Wijnaldum needs to play there

Edited by gpirlo68

Taylor, lascelles, Aarons, Townsend, Goufran etc have all hardly kicked a ball all season.

The point is, what we keep doing isn't working. I'd love to think Benitez can suddenly get the best out of Perez, Mitrovic etc but I'd be just as happy for him to shake it up and try something different.

Taylor and Lascelles weredesperation picks by Schteve because we literally had no other fit centre backs. Similarly Aarons was a desperation pick at left back. Gouffran was McClaren's resignation selection and I dont remember Townsend being selected as a starter (hasnt he been injured lately).

Selecting Marveaux in one of our last 10 games would be madness.

Taylor and Lascelles weredesperation picks by Schteve because we literally had no other fit centre backs. Similarly Aarons was a desperation pick at left back. Gouffran was McClaren's resignation selection and I dont remember Townsend being selected as a starter (hasnt he been injured lately).

Selecting Marveaux in one of our last 10 games would be madness.

Apparently Colo, Mbemba and Dummett will miss the game tomorrow

Colback Taylor Lascellas Janmaat as a back four

ffs Rafa work your magic