NUFC v The Great Unwashed

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Their goal come from a long range shot as well, every fucking time we've played them recently goals have come from long range shots yet we still give them ample space on the edge of the box.

Their goal come from a long range shot as well, every fucking time we've played them recently goals have come from long range shots yet we still give them ample space on the edge of the box.

When they beat us 0-3 the first time springs to mind from this post.

Thankful we didn't lose and will take the point though not sure we deserved it after a lackluster display.

With not getting the 3 points we are destined to stay in the bottom three even if we beat Norwich, unless we win by a shit-load of goals and Blunderland lose.

A win today would have given me high hopes on staying up but now those hopes are fading. I was expecting to see a much improved performance but it just wasn't there, we're just not a good team yet on individual merits we should be.

The mackems say a point is great for them but a disaster for us, not sure what their logic is behind that especially as they have the hardest run in. They seem sure they're in the clear despite them also looking complete dog shit today as well, odd bunch.

Rafa clearly doesn't rate Anita one bit mind, even played Sissoko LB to avoid bringing him on. Hopefully Dummett is back after the break so we don't have to play either one of our tragic "Central midfielders" at full back.

I told you about the diving (Borini) and I told you about O'Shit holding,pulling and tugging Mitro in the box.Clear pen on Mitro not given and no red card for O'Shit and the ref was right in line.Refs cheat,just like sad makem bastards.Why did Rafa bring Townsend off.He was adding a spark around the edge of the box.

The positive I take away from today is that Mitro clearly gets it. Yeah he needs to work on his finishing, but he understands the importance of the derby. He played with passion. His goal and celebration, the fact that three guys had to hold him back from running back on the pitch after the elbow to the head - love the passion. If half the team played with that type of passion, we might have a shot. Had some good plays - chest downs, etc. - when the feeds were poor. Too bad no one else was rushing the box to follow up offensively until the game was nearly over.

Too bad Ashley didn't see the light and pull in Rafa after New Year's. Oh what could have been.

I told you about the diving (Borini) and I told you about O'Shit holding,pulling and tugging Mitro in the box.Clear pen on Mitro not given and no red card for O'Shit and the ref was right in line.Refs cheat,just like sad makem bastards.Why did Rafa bring Townsend off.He was adding a spark around the edge of the box.

Townsend just come back from injury

Rafa knows what he's doing

I thought we were poor for most of the first half, showed a bit more cohesion when de Jong came on. A draw isn't a disaster but not great in light of Norwich's win yesterday, which has put the cat amongst the pigeons a bit. I'd say at the moment we are probably favourites to finish third in the three team mini league between us, mackems and Norwich, but there are two things that could save us. Firstly I think we can expect to see continued improvement under Rafa and secondly we do still have 3, possibly 4 winnable games on paper. What I've liked about Rafa's first 2 games is that we've kept going after going 1-0 down and still been pushing for a better result (draw v Leicester, win v mackems) right to the end. If we keep that up there is still a chance we'll nick the 5 results we'll need. We'll need a bit of luck and I'd say we're well overdue some this season.