NUFC v The Great Unwashed

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Norwich are going to relegate both of us. :D

Norwich are too poor of a team to win the 3 team league out of themselves, us and the mackems. Their team must be pretty bloody special if they ship 6 goals vs us.

Can we score enough goals at Villa and Norwich to pick up maximum points?

Considering we've lost our last 7 away games it's highly doubtful, the points are going to somehow have to come from the home games. Just seen the home game against Man City has been scheduled for Tuesday 19th April 7.45 ko on SKY this will be inbetween Swansea (h) & Liverpool (a)

We should send Taylor to Sunderland - let him broadcast live from the Bridges. I fuckin love Taylor at times like this.

He's the morons' moron.

I think if we can avoid any red cards we should win this. We've played well against good teams at home at different stages this year and that, allied to the Rafa factor and the associated newfound positivity in the stands, plus the fact that the mackems are total dross, should be enough. We just need to avoid any calamities like defensive clangers and red cards. I'd be tempted to go with Shelvey and Gini centre mid cos I can't see what Anita adds. Admittedly Shelvey and Gini is a soft centre but I don't think we lose anything defensively by replacing Anita with Gini. Don't know what has happened to that Saivet like cos he looked canny enough in his first couple of games. Another NUFC mystery. That leaves Townsend and Sissoko on the wings and a bit of a dilema up front. I'd be tempted to start with De Jong and Perez and have Mitro and Doumbia to come off the bench. Still got a feeling that De jong and/or Doumbia may turn out to be our unexpected saviours. Really hope Mbemba and Colo are fit.

We must be due a win like. Was the 5-1 under Hughton the last time we beat them?

That was the last win vs them at SJP, aye. Last time we beat them was the Ryan Taylor 0-1 at the dark place.

That was the last win vs them at SJP, aye. Last time we beat them was the Ryan Taylor 0-1 at the dark place.

It's fucking grim considering they have been absolutely fucking shocking aswell, not once have they had a decent team. Joke.

First derby I won't be at since 1985. I want to be optimistic and maybe it should be easy being so when you look at the fact they have John O'Shea at Centre Half, but maybe the mackems are saying the same about Jamaal Lascelles. Just attack them at a ferocious pace from minute one, if it works great, if it doesn't then its the story of our season.

I have just had a read on Rafa's records in derbies, but does anyone know where I could possibly find his record against Fat Sam?

There's been 12 meetings between them & they don't get on.
ALLARDYCE WINS 3, BENITEZ WINS 7, DRAWS 2
Edited by trooper

Fat Sam reckons that Liverpool winning the Champions League had nothing to do with Rafa.[emoji38]

They lost 14 League games. 14 is the same amount West Ham were relegated with. They cheated their way in to the final for what was without doubt the luckiest Champions League win ever. I'm not slagging Rafa, they got better and better, some might say overachieved but 2005 was typical bindipping luck.

They lost 14 League games. 14 is the same amount West Ham were relegated with. They cheated their way in to the final for what was without doubt the luckiest Champions League win ever. I'm not slagging Rafa, they got better and better, some might say overachieved but 2005 was typical bindipping luck.

Oooooft poor Rafa

They beat some of the best teams in Europe then. Cant all be luck. I dont buy it.