NUFC v The Great Unwashed

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think when you look at our away form, it has to be a must win game. Games are running out and we need to put a run together if we're going to get out of it. Beat the mackems and Norwich and we're half way there

Edited by Dr Gloom

Just in general points terms, it's a must not lose. We'd be another further 3 points behind them whereas a draw would have us still just a point behind. A defeat to that shower of shite would also be a real morale killer whereas a draw would be disapointing but not unrecoverable.

Obviously a win would be massive any way you look at it.

Home games

Makems

Swansea

Man City

Palace

Spurs

Away Games

Norwich

Southampton

Liverpool

Villa

We're running out of games, I still think we need to take all 3 points on Sunday our away form is shocking (7 loses in a row now) & it's hard to see we're the next win could be, if we don't win on Sunday. It's a confidence booster as well as 3 points an odd point here & there won't be enough.

We probably need 12-14 points

Combo.png

If my maths is right there are 19 successful combinations of results out of a possible 55 (1/3) combinations to get 14pts or more. And, say we will only manage 4 wins or less, the chances of getting 14pts are 6 from 55 (1/9).

Obviously, 38pts is an arbitrary figure and we may not even need the 14pts to get to that to survive.

We probably need 12-14 points

Combo.png

If my maths is right there are 19 successful combinations of results out of a possible 55 (1/3) combinations to get 14pts or more. And, say we will only manage 4 wins or less, the chances of getting 14pts are 6 from 55 (1/9).

Obviously, 38pts is an arbitrary figure and we may not even need the 14pts to get to that to survive.

Even if it's 12 points if we only get the draw on Sunday it's still hard too see we're we get the remaining (11?) points

11 points is purely hypothetical and a draw would mean they only got one point too though. I know what you're getting at but the point people are making is right about not losing being far more important than winning.

Even if it's 12 points if we only get the draw on Sunday it's still hard too see we're we get the remaining (11?) points

If we ignore the Mackems we have; Norwich, Swansea, Crystal Palace, & Villa which are all winnable games, there's 8points at least imo

Manchester City for a cheeky point or more, especially with our game coming when it does for them;

In 10 days they have: a tough league game v Pulis' WBA, Champions League Quarter Final (hopefully away), tough league game away to a resurgent Chelsea, then us at St James' when hopefully Rafa will have had time to firm up our our back line.

Depending on where we are/they are Liverpool (3 days after their derby), Southampton & Spurs may be games we can earn a point or (especially if Spurs have already confirmed their final position) grab a very unlikely 3pts.

It's clearly still mathematically possible to draw and still stop up, but I doubt we'll do it without the confidence boost we'd get from beating these at home. It'll give us the momentum going to Norwich. Draw or lose to Sunlan and I can see us reverting to the type of toothless away performances we've seen for the bulk of the season.

Can't believe how excited/nervous I am for this game. Before Rafa I would have written it off and resigned myself to the fact that we were going down but the prospect of next season in the top flight with Benitez at the helm just adds to the pressure. I will be watching this one from behind the couch. Already told the wife to take the new baby for a walk Sunday morning...

It's almost a 9 pointer.

It could make the difference between watching a rubbish championship side managed by another one of Ashley's mates. Or a Premiership side with a good manager possibly winning a cup next season.

A defeat would hurt our situation more than a win would help us.The same with the Norwich game.Chucking the towel in far too often has fucked our goal difference up.Shelvey and Townsend can make things happen but they need a bit help from the midfield and strikers.We've missed far too many sitters this season.Humping high balls to Mitro won't be the answer on Sunday.

1996: Sunderland 1-2 Sunderland

Sunderland threw the kitchen sink at Kevin Keegan’s Entertainers in the first half, going 1-0 up. United’s class finally told with goals from Beardsley and Ferdinand securing the win. Relegation beckoned for the Black Cats.

Must have been one hell of a derby!

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/history/newcastle-sunderland-15-titanic-tyne-11050935

We all have hobbies. You dress up and jump into streams, I treasure hunt ;)

I await a photo of you after a discovery of lost plunder. This is after unearthing scuba diving as your new pastime and purchasing new gear.