Kluivert offers to coach Toon strikers

Jimbo

I would think Beardsley could give them a bit advice on scoring goals.

You would think so but he hasn't helped the youth much going by their results. I guess the main thing is being a quality player has no correlation to being a good coach, Kluivert was a quality striker but I'm sure Rafa is confident in the coaches he brought with him.

maybe its a case that players who's success was pretty much based on raw natural instinct, struggle to equate that "do it without thinking" ability in to methodological coaching.

maybe its a case that players who's success was pretty much based on raw natural instinct, struggle to equate that "do it without thinking" ability in to methodological coaching.

Aye I think that is a big part of it, that's why I'm interested to see how Zidane does at Madrid.

Strikers have either got the basics or they haven't.A little advice/coaching from someone like Shearer can only help.No need to employ a striking coach on a daily basis though.I've spent many an hour watching goalkeeping coaches at Benwell,Chester le Street and Durham.What they do in the pre-match warm up is what they do on the training ground on a daily basis.Too much emphasis is put on individual coaching.We're in the shit because most of our players haven't given a fuck this season.We can only hope their attitudes have changed with Rafa now in charge.

Had some pretty reliable info that, post-relegation, the last person the players wanted to see back at the club was Sir Alan of Shearer.

Had some pretty reliable info that, post-relegation, the last person the players wanted to see back at the club was Sir Alan of Shearer.

:lol: Well a lot of his past issues with team mates ended with him allegedly giving them a smack or threatening them, can't really see him approaching managing a side that is going down in a much different way.

Fuck me, has everyone lost their memories, he was absolute dog shit when he came here.

"he had the best first touch of any Newcastle player" fuck off man, how many first touches did he have, they must have been his only ones? he was a massive disappointment - absolutely awful and didn't give a fuck. He scored 5 or 6 goals and I was at nearly every game he played in. He even went to the fucking papers to say how he was underperforming because fans from all teams were abusing him. We were abusing him, because he didn't make any effort most of the time.

Bellamy and Kluivert would have done better if Shearer had been sold as bobby wanted. What a fuckin crock man, as if on all counts.

Edited by scoobos

Hey Jimbo, good post that - Keegan was saying the same thing about Ginola last year - he said he got him to one side to ask him to teach other players how to do some of his techniques and he couldn't do it, as when he put thought into his actions, during training, he couldn't do it himself.

Fuck me, has everyone lost their memories, he was absolute dog shit when he came here.

"he had the best first touch of any Newcastle player" fuck off man, how many first touches did he have, they must have been his only ones? he was a massive disappointment - absolutely awful and didn't give a fuck. He scored 5 or 6 goals and I was at nearly every game he played in. He even went to the fucking papers to say how he was underperforming because fans from all teams were abusing him. We were abusing him, because he didn't make any effort most of the time.

Bellamy and Kluivert would have done better if Shearer had been sold as bobby wanted. What a fuckin crock man, as if on all counts.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Is this a love thing Alex? they say that people tease the people they want to get it on with.

But seriously, he scored 1 goal every 5 games on average right? I'm sure my memories not fucked, he was shite. we were going mental when he signed.

Edited by scoobos

:lol: Well a lot of his past issues with team mates ended with him allegedly giving them a smack or threatening them, can't really see him approaching managing a side that is going down in a much different way.

I'd also have doubts about anyone who is good mates with Michael Owen.

Is this a love thing Alex? they say that people tease the people they want to get it on with.

But seriously, he scored 1 goal every 5 games on average right? I'm sure my memories not fucked, he was shite. we were going mental when he signed.

http://www.thefalsenine.co.uk/2015/02/24/patrick-kluivert-at-newcastle-a-lesson-in-nostalgia/

Edited by Kevin Carr's Gloves

He scored one less league goal than Shearer (whose tally included 3 pens) despite starting a lot less games.

• 3 months later...