Need your help, lads.

catmag

As some of you know, in August I'm travelling to Iquitos in Peru with 10 other peeps for a fortnight to work with a charity run my a friend of mine. Whilst we're there we're going to be doing some building work on a school for children from the local barrios as well as working at an orphanage for girls, helping out at some roadside health clinics and taking part in other projects in deprived areas of the Amazon basin. In order to fund the projects we need to raise £6000-£8000 between now and then to make sure that all our planned projects can be carried out. Anyway, we've various things planned including a race night, Whisky-tasting night, fundraisers at various schools that we're all connected with etc, but I need some help with getting some prizes that we can auction at one of the big fundraising nights. Has anyone had any experience of approaching big companies/local businesses/restaurants and asking them to donate decent prizes that we can use? Do any of you work for a company that would like to donate anything?? I've already contacted Nobby Solano on Twitter as I know he's previously visited the projects we're working on and is coming back to the NE in July, but that'll probably be too late for him to sign stuff to auction etc. but he may consider donating a meal at his restaurant :lol: Worth a try with him having a personal connection to the charity, anyway. http://www.thejournal.co.uk/news/north-east-news/nobby-wows-shanty-children-4559021

I've not done this before, I've got tons of other stuff going on at the moment and I'm absolutely hopeless at blagging free stuff, so any advice, ideas, donations for auction etc would be hugely appreciated. Thanks dudes :)

As some of you know, in August I'm travelling to Iquitos in Peru with 10 other peeps for a fortnight to work with a charity run my a friend of mine. Whilst we're there we're going to be doing some building work on a school for children from the local barrios as well as working at an orphanage for girls, helping out at some roadside health clinics and taking part in other projects in deprived areas of the Amazon basin. In order to fund the projects we need to raise £6000-£8000 between now and then to make sure that all our planned projects can be carried out. Anyway, we've various things planned including a race night, Whisky-tasting night, fundraisers at various schools that we're all connected with etc, but I need some help with getting some prizes that we can auction at one of the big fundraising nights. Has anyone had any experience of approaching big companies/local businesses/restaurants and asking them to donate decent prizes that we can use? Do any of you work for a company that would like to donate anything?? I've already contacted Nobby Solano on Twitter as I know he's previously visited the projects we're working on and is coming back to the NE in July, but that'll probably be too late for him to sign stuff to auction etc. but he may consider donating a meal at his restaurant :lol: Worth a try with him having a personal connection to the charity, anyway. http://www.thejournal.co.uk/news/north-east-news/nobby-wows-shanty-children-4559021

I've not done this before, I've got tons of other stuff going on at the moment and I'm absolutely hopeless at blagging free stuff, so any advice, ideas, donations for auction etc would be hugely appreciated. Thanks dudes :)

Not sure how many of our ex-players actually use Twitter and how many are "managed" by Steve Wraith for those odd occasions they do something with him.

Assume you've bent Scottish Mag's ear already?

Might be worth approaching the local Rotary club?