Well done Rafa

gpirlo68

If we had McClaren we would have lost that game, being one nill down he would have panicked but Rafa was composed and calmed the players down while still keeping us tight and organised

We needed a win today, but it was also a must not lose. Fuck the six in a row

Howay Rafa

HWTL

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we had McClaren we would have lost that game, being one nill down he would have panicked but Rafa was composed and calmed the players down while still keeping us tight and organised

We needed a win today, but it was also a must not lose. Fuck the six in a row

Howay Rafa

HWTL

howay way the lads?

Something to build on. I feel we needed to win that to give ourselves a fighting chance. We're going to need to win at least half our remaining games now. Unlikely given we've only managed six victories all season

Edited by Dr Gloom

We're down imo. Awful, awful performance. Really hoped Rafa would change things. True, we would have lost under mclaren, but we couldn't win with benitez, and we needed to. Sunderland are coming down with us imo though.

We're down imo. Awful, awful performance. Really hoped Rafa would change things. True, we would have lost under mclaren, but we couldn't win with benitez, and we needed to. Sunderland are coming down with us imo though.

Still 8 games left, have to play Norwich and Palace. Hate to be in the trenches with you. Etc etc. ;)

It's really hard to see now were enough points will come from, next up Norwich & Southampton away. Then we have 7 days that will see us play Swansea & Man City at home & Liverpool away. Even if we do well against Norwich & Southampton (they're away games I know) I can't help thinking those 3 games in 7 days will really hurt us . Any anger you have must be directed at Ashley & Co for not acting quicker regarding McClaren.

The away games are going to be what send us down. We simply couldn't afford to lose to Bournemouth at home and only draw today if we're losing on our travels every other week

My hope is that I do think we will improve in the next 2-3 games as Rafa and his coaches hopefully start to have an impact on the squad, whereas the mackems and norwich probably will still be the dross they have been all season. With a bit of luck I can see us beating Norwich and Swansea, which would have us on 31 points with 5 games left. 2 wins from those 5, with the confidence, momentum and a proper manager behind us, wouldn't seem like such a daunting prospect. Of course that's all pure conjecture but it does give me a bit of hope. As things stand you've got to have use favourite to go down at the moment, but there is still hope. It wouldn't be the most unlikely escape in football history. Need to beat Norwich and Swansea though.

Edited by Dickie

I think we badly needed to win today to get some momentum. As it is, we couldnt score more than once at home against one of the league's worst teams.

Its going to be very hard to stay up now, Rafa or not, we need some massive slices of luck.

There's still games we can win. We're not going to pull out of it and be safe with a few games to go or anything. If any of them pull away from us we're fucked. I'd say Palace, Swansea and Villa are our most winnable games. Norwich is going to be tough because they're fighting. A win would be huge but a draw keeps them close. Need West Brom to sort their shit out vs the mackems mind.

Time to face the truth this team isn't good enough for the Premiership. The 2nd game of the season we dropped to 15th position & have been no higher since. In fact we've only attained 15th position once more since & have spent 21 games in the bottom 3. We have been rock bottom twice. The lack of investment in the team has finally come back to haunt us.

Just less than a quarter of the season left to play. Anyone giving in now needs a hiding.

we're 1pt behind Norwich with a game in hand. Palace are in free fall. It may become 2 from 4 by the time the next fixtures are done.

Mackems aren't winning, Norwich are still in trouble, Palace are shit, Swansea aren't much better. We've got games against 4 of the bottom 6.

It's too soon to be adamant we're down.

we're 1pt behind Norwich with a game in hand. Palace are in free fall. It may become 2 from 4 by the time the next fixtures are done.

Mackems aren't winning, Norwich are still in trouble, Palace are shit, Swansea aren't much better. We've got games against 4 of the bottom 6.

It's too soon to be adamant we're down.

We're 3 points behind Norwich mate unless we beat them 4-0 at their place we're still in the bottom 3.

Edited by trooper