Well done Rafa

gpirlo68

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the problem is there aren't enough teams in trouble to chase down. palace are already on 33, and swansea are already on 36. we're going to struggle to get as many as 36 points so it's really going to come down to two from us, sunderland and norwich. that's why i think our chances could rest on us beating norwich away. dictionary definition of a relegation six pointer.

it could be our goal difference that does for us in the end.

the problem is there aren't enough teams in trouble to chase down. palace are already on 33, and swansea are already on 36. we're going to struggle to get as many as 36 points so it's really going to come down to two from us, sunderland and norwich. that's why i think our chances could rest on us beating norwich away. dictionary definition of a relegation six pointer.

Aye, too many teams are already out of it. Palace will pick up enough points in the last 8 games but here's hoping they don't

I would fancy our chances if more teams had been dragged into it but it's looking unlikely. Who knows got to believe I guess

Agree that Swansea are safe, but look at Palace's run in;

Apr 2 West Ham A

Apr 9 Norwich H

Apr 17 Arsenal A

Apr 20 Man Utd A

Apr 24 Watford H

Apr 30 Newcastle A

May 7 Stoke H

May 15 Southampton A

Where's the wins coming from? Norwich? Us?

I think if we don't get six points off Norwich and Swansea we're probably down. However I think there's a canny enough chance we will get those points and if we do I would probably make us slight favourites to stay up, regardless of what Norwich and mackems do in their next two matches. Mackems play Norwich on the day we play Swansea - that could be the day that decides who stays up.

they'll probably fancy watford and stoke at home.

Oops, that's the cup

They've Everton at home in the league at some point.

I'm not optimistic but I do think there's still hope. We need to beat Norwich to give ourselves any chance but I don't think it is inconceivable that we will beat them. They are shocking and have been all season, as have the mackems. We've been shocking as well but we've got a top new manager and he has already given the players some new spirit at least, if not yet particularly improved football. If we beat Norwich I think we'll have a decent chance of staying up. We'll obviously need some luck but that applies to all three sides.

Fucking hell Jimbo, you bored of the MLS?

Still in Dallas?

Fuck yes I'm bored of MLS, its rancid dogshit.

I'm in Houston rather than Dallas but yes I'm still in Texas.

Said it in a different thread, but its telling that Rafa can make those subs without the crowd going mental - McClaren got booed and abused for replacing an injured player a few weeks back. That said, he'd never have dared do what Rafa did in that second half. Sissoko as a defender was funny, but he didn't do all that badly!

De Jong did ok too when he came on, seemed to want it.

On Topic, I think we could still stay up - but the players really need a lift, they are completely demoralised if that match was anything to go by. Would love it if Palace get drawn in and we stay up at their expense! That would make the entire season worthwhile .

Edited by scoobos

Said it in a different thread, but its telling that Rafa can make those subs without the crowd going mental - McClaren got booed and abused for replacing an injured player a few weeks back. That said, he'd never have dared do what Rafa did in that second half. Sissoko as a defender was funny, but he didn't do all that badly!

De Jong did ok too when he came on, seemed to want it.

Eh?

SM wouldn't have made those substitutions, or he'd have waited too long to make them.

I never said he did mate, I said if he did the crowd would lynch him. taking off all but 2 defenders for attacking players. He tried to sub (was it dummet?) an injured player and got booed to fuck.

Despite the result, one thing that came out of the sunderland match is that a lot of our players really are playing like dogshit.

So your point is McClaren made shit subs, which the fans rightly jeered? Or the fans shouldn't have jeered him, despite him making shit subs compared to Rafa?

I'm not sure what the point is but it sounds like the fans are definitely to blame

Edited by Dr Gloom

heh, no that's not my intention - I'm trying to say if McLaren made that first sub , or put sissoko at left back for the last 30 the fans would have reacted far differently than the weekend.

I made point not of a shit sub, but when he subbed (I think Dummett) as he was injured and got jeers of "You don't know what you're doing" - While Rafa puts sissoko left back, Anita right back and not a peep.

I am over the moon we've got Rafa, don't get me wrong - but I think the blame is stopping at a manager (McClaren in this case) for something that really has little to do with the manager. Rafa is new, fair enough, but he's getting much more freedom than McClaren from both the club and the fans - and the players are still dogshit in most cases. We were still as shit as we were before, but we threw everything in attack wise against a deep lying sunderland side and still only made 2 decent attempts, 1 of which was the goal.

Who had a good game this weekend? the same that usually do at home - Gino, Mitro, Elliot, Mbemba - everyone else is having a howler (perhaps Mitro needs service, or perhaps his finishing just isn't quite there - he still missed good opportunities).

Not sure if that clarified or muddied my explanation of my view or not.

Edited by scoobos