Well done Rafa

gpirlo68

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IIRC the fans singing "you don't know what you're doing" at McClaren in the Bournemouth game when Dummett was subbed was because Perez went towards the dugout and people thought he was going off for Anita and not Dummett.

McClaren really didn't know what he was doing though.

Benitez sees things not working on the pitch and is willing to move players around and try and change the formation to exploit weakness, such as switching to two up top which allowed Cisse to occupy the CB's meaning Mitro got a favourable 1v1 on the back post against their fullback. McClaren generally kept the formation the same despite it not working and would have more likely than not subbed Mitrovic off for Cisse or Riviere and we would have lost.

Howay, don't disagree but he didn't change it to two up top, we started with that didn't we? Perez and Mitro. By the end it was 3 up top and everyone but Lascelles in midfield :)

I think that's an excuse Haydonator, it pissed me off so much that at the time. If you were there though and Perez was doing that, fair enough, I only saw the TV angle.

Edited by scoobos

CeEiHUGW4AEyeWC.jpg

Improving averages.

Will get better with a fit LB

3 hours after I shared this here and on Twitter....

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-really-improved-under-11072544

By Mark Douglas (who follows me)

I'm gonna stop tweeting, they can come up with their own material :D

Howay, don't disagree but he didn't change it to two up top, we started with that didn't we? Perez and Mitro. By the end it was 3 up top and everyone but Lascelles in midfield :)

It was more Perez in the role that Wijnaldum is normally in with Wijnaldum and Shelvey behind him. Colback then went off for De Jong, Sissoko went to left back De Jong went to Perez's position (Attacking mid) and Perez moved out wide left. Townsend then came off for Cisse, Wijnaldum moved wide right, Cisse up top with Mitro and De Jong dropped to CM alongside Shelvey. Anita finally came on at RB for the injured Janmaat, so we ended in a 4-4-2.

Didn't even have the sense to put it in the same table format that it was in when he stole it, to allow side by side comparison. Or possibly, he knew that would make it look even more like he stole it. What a bell either way.

Aye, I found the timing very strange when I first saw it. Douglas hasn't been shy in the past though of giving you credit where it's due?

No, he's been really canny about publicising my Twitter in the paper, online, on twitter and his podcast.

I'll not hold this one against him.

No, he's been really canny about publicising my Twitter in the paper, online, on twitter and his podcast.

I'll not hold this one against him.

It's a good twitter account to be fair. :good:

You'll get a mention on our podcast most weeks as well.

:lol: a fish shout out = welcome to the big time

Hey, with a shout out on the Newcastle Natter he's reaching an extra one to two people! Good for his #Numbers.

It's a good twitter account to be fair. :good:

You'll get a mention on our podcast most weeks as well.

Cheers.

I've largely stopped using it since the Rafa appointment. I find it remarkable how much people defend Ashley and blame the negativity of fans for our performance. So I'm drinking the kool aid and giving 100% support after getting the sort of change we've lobbied for... until the next balls up.

The Fish I reckon. Too much shameless plugging of his podcast, strawb just can't take it anymore.

I actually can't see any other possible candidates on this page... :lol:

Muddy waters.

I thought Townsend was the pick of our lot.

Seen a lot of people say this. I spent the whole game laying into him. The example of his failure to pick up a man that led to their goal highlighted on motd2 was one of many instances where he looked miles away.

Pleased he got 4 in the mirror. Thought it might have only been me.