Well done Rafa

gpirlo68

Seen a lot of people say this. I spent the whole game laying into him. The example of his failure to pick up a man that led to their goal highlighted on motd2 was one of many instances where he looked miles away.

Pleased he got 4 in the mirror. Thought it might have only been me.

He was one of the few who looked dangerous when we went forward. Perez had a poor game and the less said about sissoko the better.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've usually refused to hear a word against Perez, but the ball was in front of him at head height in the mackem box and he turned his back and protected his face with his hands.

To see mitrovic concuss himself later and go wild at having to come off I hope shamed the soft skinny Jean wearing shite.

Rafa Benitez visited the Newcastle United Academy this afternoon to see at first hand the training facilities, meet the staff, including Academy Manager. Joe Joyce, and to see the scholars working out on a typical afternoon at Little Benton.

Rafa and his back room team had a full tour of the Academy, viewing all the internal areas including the class rooms, where the all important education takes place, the fitness and treatment rooms and then the analysis and sports science department where player performance is closely monitored.

It was then outside to the pitches where Academy Coaches Neil Winskill and Liam Bramley were taking a training session with the Under 15s who were on day release programme from school.

Rafa met all the admin staff and also other coaching staff plus the recruitment and education/welfare officers who play such a key role behind the scenes at the Academy.

Joe Joyce commented that all his staff were delighted to meet Rafa and how appreciative they all were that he and his staff had taken the time to come and visit them.

Stuff like this makes me sad that it's unlikely he'll be here next season.

I'm not convinced, you know. Why would Ashley want to get rid of someone who can guarantee better results and performances, and get us away from this constant threat of relegation we've had for the past 2-3 seasons?

I think the real issue is that we're unlikely ever to know as we're probably not going to make it.

I'm not convinced, you know. Why would Ashley want to get rid of someone who can guarantee better results and performances, and get us away from this constant threat of relegation we've had for the past 2-3 seasons?

I think the real issue is that we're unlikely ever to know as we're probably not going to make it.

Why get rid of Hughton ? why undermine Keegan ? why disrespect Shearer ? He's bound to piss off Rafa

Said it in a different thread, but its telling that Rafa can make those subs without the crowd going mental - McClaren got booed and abused for replacing an injured player a few weeks back. That said, he'd never have dared do what Rafa did in that second half. Sissoko as a defender was funny, but he didn't do all that badly!

De Jong did ok too when he came on, seemed to want it.

On Topic, I think we could still stay up - but the players really need a lift, they are completely demoralised if that match was anything to go by. Would love it if Palace get drawn in and we stay up at their expense! That would make the entire season worthwhile .

We were losing one nil at home to Bournemouth and struggling to create anything. At that point McClaren thought it was a good idea to bring Anita on for Dummett rather than bring on someone who's not shite and might help create something. I think that was the reason he got abuse (it was certainly the reason I gave him stick). We had a system that clearly wasn't working and he just stuck with it. In the two games Benitez has been here he's seen things not working and has tried to change it by doing to something other than replacing like for like. That's why he's not taken any shit for it.

Why get rid of Hughton ? why undermine Keegan ? why disrespect Shearer ? He's bound to piss off Rafa

Agreed, but you were suggesting he'd do it intentionally. I don't think he will, I think it'll be buffoonery that does it. As usual.

Agreed, but you were suggesting he'd do it intentionally. I don't think he will, I think it'll be buffoonery that does it. As usual.

That's because I think he'll have promised Rafa something & when Rafa trys to get it or needs it he'll be told no. If he can stick 2 fingers up at MPs i'm sure he'll find a way of doing it to Rafa.

I know how awful of me because everything at the club is brilliant isn't it. Have a word with yourself man.

Stress is a big killer mate, increase and embrace your apathy. It will give you a new outlook on football.

Stress is a big killer mate, increase and embrace your apathy. It will give you a new outlook on football.

I'm not stressed mate just pointing out the obvious the writings been on the wall all season. From the appointment of McClaren too the smoke & mirrors over Charlie Austin. McClaren's "things are getting better" (they weren't). The smoke & mirrors over Berahino (we were never getting him). Even the sacking of McClaren was a fiasco & that's been just the last 10 months or so. It's been like this for years Hughton, Keegan, Shearer & Jonas treatment has been shocking. Alll this is apart from League positions & prefomance's on the pitch the club's rotten from top to bottom I'm proud to say I've never been to SJP since Ashley bought the club & I don't intend going again until he sods off until then I will watch the games & continue moaning. If we stay up & Rafa IS allowed free reign of the club then I'll stop moaning but IF is a big word & it'll be a matter of time before Ashley does something to piss him off its the way Ashley works.

I'm not stressed mate just pointing out the obvious the writings been on the wall all season. From the appointment of McClaren too the smoke & mirrors over Charlie Austin. McClaren's "things are getting better" (they weren't). The smoke & mirrors over Berahino (we were never getting him). Even the sacking of McClaren was a fiasco & that's been just the last 10 months or so. It's been like this for years Hughton, Keegan, Shearer & Jonas treatment has been shocking. Alll this is apart from League positions & prefomance's on the pitch the club's rotten from top to bottom I'm proud to say I've never been to SJP since Ashley bought the club & I don't intend going again until he sods off until then I will watch the games & continue moaning. If we stay up & Rafa IS allowed free reign of the club then I'll stop moaning but IF is a big word & it'll be a matter of time before Ashley does something to piss him off its the way Ashley works.

You haven't been to sjp since 2007?