Trick question?

Kid Dynamite

Trick Question  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Without numbers, there would be no science and no technology. No engineering. No economy etc. We could communicate with sign language without words. ;)

All of the boring stuff, words are just sexier than numbers, admit it.

I read the question about 20 times thinking of course it couldn't be that straightforward.

Of course it was. :lol: And I thought my mental arithmetic was turd.

Nope, that's me. And HMHM, apparently

I'm not so sure it's an arithmetic thing though. It's about how the question is worded and the setting of certain expectations in your head based on the numbers used.

For instance, if you'd been asked what 10p plus 1.10p is, you wouldn't have said 1.10p.

If SEW hadn't said it was a trick question and had asked it in a none 'test' setting, I reckon a higher number of people would have been caught out.

Not a trick. But for those complaining the op was too easy..

Here are four different coded messages. Each has a different encryption scheme and they progress, I think, from easiest to toughest to crack. What are the messages?

1. A zsnw kmuuwkkxmddq kgdnwv lzw XanwLzajlqWayzl Javvdwj!

2. xckik acvlbeg oz mmqn xnlautw. gzag, mwcht, kbjzh ulw cpeq edr mom dhqx lksxlioil?

3. hy vg nw rh ev pr is or tf?

😎😊, 😓😇😀😓😒 😈😓. 😍😎😖 😆😄😓 😁😀😂😊 😓😎 😖😎😑😊. 😇😄😘, 😀😓 😋😄😀😒😓 😈😓😒 😅😑😈😃😀😘.