Norwich V Newcastle / Saturday / 3PM / Carrow Road

Anorthernsoul

I have to question why Saivet has not been used much at all. What little I have seen of him he looked decent. Perhaps he could be the answer to the lack of a left-back. Anita is basically a midfielder and so is Saivet, but I think Anita favours the right while Saivet favours the left.

DeJong also hasn't been used very much and I've always questioned that as he is a good player. I expect Benetez to recognize that and put him to use.

Off the wall choice for me at left-back against Norwich would be Saylor. He has played an OK full-back before on the right, and if you recall, right sided Raylor filled in at left back for us when needed and did a halfway decent job.

This could be a might work line-up.

Darlow

Janmaat Mbemba Lascelles Saivet

Shelvey Tiote

Sissoko Wijnaldum Dejong

Cisse

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be tempted to start Sissoko at left back. Put Taylor in for Lascelles.

Ken Darlow

Janmaat mbemba Taylor Sissoko

Townsend Shelvey Wijnaldum Perez

Mitrovic Cisse

I'd be tempted to start Sissoko at left back. Put Taylor in for Lascelles.

Ken Darlow

Janmaat mbemba Taylor Sissoko

Townsend Shelvey Wijnaldum Perez

Mitrovic Cisse

There is no way Sissoko will track back enough to be a left back

He did alright at left back against Sunderland

15 minuite though mate at home against a team sitting back and a very tired Borini (from diving) playing on the right wing

Very different playing the full 90 minutes and having to defend, plus apart from the goal at the last game of the season I've never seen him win an header, he shirks tackles.

I would play Anita

Edited by gpirlo68

Not disagreeing with the overall thrust of your post but when did you last see Anita win a header?

For a small lad, he's actually not that bad in the air not ideal like but hes our best option with the players available imo

Calling all Americans.

I've got NBC Sports here with the Villa-Chelsea game on, and it says that the match they're showing at 10 (EST) is Arsenal. Is there a way of getting the Newcastle match on or do you need a special package? I thought all of the matches were shown over here.

I've got my tablet here with Kodi on so it's not the end of the world, but if I can watch it on the telly I'd rather do that. Cheers.

Newcastle starting 11

Darlow, Janmaat, Taylor, Mbemba, Anita, Sissoko, Townsend, Shelvey, Tiote, Wijnaldum, Cisse

On the bench

Woodman, Sterry, Lascelles, Perez, de Jong, Riviere, Mitrovic

:scratchchin:

Fuck me, I'm nervous.

With McClaren still here I'd assume relegation was already a certainty after the last 2 games, but now I think even a draw today isn't the end. In Rafa we trust.

With ORC seemingly now permanently fucked, what's the go-to for high quality for today's match?

Please be very specific. Treat me like I'm 5, and that's being generous.