Norwich V Newcastle / Saturday / 3PM / Carrow Road

Anorthernsoul

Is anyone on here a ST holder?

I WAS for 22 years, I think Renton is if I'm not mistaken. If you'd asked this 5 years ago, at least half the people here were.

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't blame Ashley for this season. He let the "board" appoint a coach who should have been good enough and gave them lots of money to spend.

Shit player recruitment for me.

:lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol:

I divvint think he's wrong. There's no derogatory word that does justice for what a cunt he is, but at the end of the day we've spent £82m this season and for once I won't blame him for this shit season neither.

He hired Charnley and Carr, they cleared didn't know what they were doing but STILL Ashley doesn't sack them?

The moment he heard that they wanted Steve fucking McClaren they should of been sacked on the spot

It's alright setting up a board and telling them to get on with it but it's up to him to hire the correct board to do so.

Ashley has completely failed in a running Newcastle and he has completely failed hiring people to run Newcastle

Nearly ten years that fat bastard has been at this club but still doesn't have a clue what he's doing

EDIT: I'm beginning to type like Lee fucking Ryder I'm that pissed off

Edited by gpirlo68

Is anyone on here a ST holder?

The genuine answer to this is that a lot of us used to be.

Personally, my last game was the Liverpool match immediately after Hughton was peddled, and I only went to that because an old friend who was also a plastic scouser had bought us a pair of tickets well in advance.

I'd say that many of the lads on here that used to go religiously have packed in through a combination of utter disenchantment with the running of the club, and a change in personal priorities- mainly the production of the money-sinks aka kids ;)

Having said that, there are some lads on here who still go week in, week out,whilst still being utterly against the present regime-Happy Face springs to mind.

I'm having a wee crisis of principle now though - my nipper, who's 5, has become madly obsessed with football in general, and NUFC in particular.

He's been on at me for weeks now to go to the match, and I realise that I must put my feelings to one side and take my laddie to his first match some time soon.

Won't be this season though.

When we're in the Championship, I'll pick a home game I think we'll have a chance of winning, and take him to that, in the hope that his first time watching us is a good one- more fool me :lol:

Will I fuck, though, give the Fat One a season ticket- that ship has long since sailed, even if I end up spending more on a game by game basis, I will not give the twat the satisfaction of having my money in advance, regardless of performance.

All that being said, I'm still stupidly excited about the prospect of taking my son to his first NUFC game, if that makes me a moron, so be it.

He hired Charnley and Carr, they cleared didn't know what they were doing but STILL Ashley doesn't sack them?

The moment he heard that they wanted Steve fucking McClaren they should of been sacked on the spot

It's alright setting up a board and telling them to get on with it but it's up to him to hire the correct board to do so.

Ashley has completely failed in a running Newcastle and he has completely failed hiring people to run Newcastle

Nearly ten years that fat bastard has been at this club but still doesn't have a clue what he's doing

EDIT: I'm beginning to type like Lee fucking Ryder I'm that pissed off

:lol:

Nothing you've said here is incorrect, bar the Ryder comparison.

You could hit the keyboard with your knob end, and still make better copy than Wor Lee ;)

I divvint think he's wrong. There's no derogatory word that does justice for what a cunt he is, but at the end of the day we've spent £82m this season and for once I won't blame him for this shit season neither.

He simply HAS to know that the people HE put in place are just not up to the job. That's why the buck stops with him.

I can and I do. By turning up despite everything, they send two messages. One that Newcastle fans are mindless morons, and the other that what Ashley is doing is ok.

The first of those has been proven beyond a reasonable doubt at this stage.

Does the same go for Forest fans, Sheffield Weds fans and Leeds fans who were/are all at least as badly run as NUFC? Your claim to be in any way a "supporter" of any club is frankly fuckin bizzare. These clubs have had it a lot worse than us but still their attendances hold up pretty well despite all the shit they've had to endure in the last two decades or so. Care to hazard a guess why that is?

He simply HAS to know that the people HE put in place are just not up to the job. That's why the buck stops with him.

Aye the fact is he gave Lee Charnley control to spend £80m, he also allowed Lee Charnley to appoint the manager and allowed Lee Charnley to preside over the debacle that was not firing McClaren until it was basically too late. That is precisely why the fucking cunt gets the blame, this is his second relegation now and he is the constant of both, he didn't learn from the first one.

We've gone into the last game of the season twice in the last three seasons staring relegation in the face. This time were effectively seven points adrift with a month to go, requiring a fuckin miracle to escape. This has been coming since the season we finished 5th. The only constant at the club in that time has been Ashley. As HF has pointed out he's not invested anything more than the club has brought in, chiefly through TV money which every other club gets too, and as everyone can see his appointments to this fuckin mythical management "board" are down to him and no one else.

Us, Villa and the tramps have been the three worst run clubs for half a decade or so now, only saved previously by cannon fodder promoted clubs. We're getting what Ashley, Lerner and Short's "policies" deserve. Basically all three owners have either distinctly lost interest or didn't give much of a fuck in the first place and had alterior motives for any interest in English premier league football, i.e. In some way lining their own pockets with the obscene amount of money swimming about in the game at the top level in this country.

Biting Ashley's poisoned apple won't kill the supporters or the club though, just as it's not killed Forest, Leeds or Wednesday ( or the formerly similarly insolvent Leicester City) It's illogical and it makes no sense, but going to a football match is a pretty blameless activity and for you to paint the fans as pretty much the villains of the peace here is just as illogical. Apathy to drive change is just as ludicrous to me.

The genuine answer to this is that a lot of us used to be.

Personally, my last game was the Liverpool match immediately after Hughton was peddled, and I only went to that because an old friend who was also a plastic scouser had bought us a pair of tickets well in advance.

I'd say that many of the lads on here that used to go religiously have packed in through a combination of utter disenchantment with the running of the club, and a change in personal priorities- mainly the production of the money-sinks aka kids ;)

Having said that, there are some lads on here who still go week in, week out,whilst still being utterly against the present regime-Happy Face springs to mind.

I'm having a wee crisis of principle now though - my nipper, who's 5, has become madly obsessed with football in general, and NUFC in particular.

He's been on at me for weeks now to go to the match, and I realise that I must put my feelings to one side and take my laddie to his first match some time soon.

Won't be this season though.

When we're in the Championship, I'll pick a home game I think we'll have a chance of winning, and take him to that, in the hope that his first time watching us is a good one- more fool me :lol:

Will I fuck, though, give the Fat One a season ticket- that ship has long since sailed, even if I end up spending more on a game by game basis, I will not give the twat the satisfaction of having my money in advance, regardless of performance.

All that being said, I'm still stupidly excited about the prospect of taking my son to his first NUFC game, if that makes me a moron, so be it.

Take him to a match when you expect us to get absolutely mullered, put him off it for life. He will be happier in the long run without this millstone of a club hanging round his neck.

I still have a season ticket and will still have one next season. I'm as pissed off as anyone at the shite we've been served up but I'm not going to let anyone tell me I shouldn't be going. Make your own choice and if you don't want to go don't go.

There are tens of thousands who will always still go for the day out on the peeve, regardless of the shite being served up and there's nowt wrong with that. It's more moronic for the likes of me tuning in every weekend on their laptop. Like trophyshy said, logging on here while watching makes it a less soul destroying experience

Can't remember when I last enjoyed 90 minutes. Sure we've won some games and played well in parts, but most wins have been nervy encounters. Even the 6-2 at home to Norwich wasn't really as comfortable as the score line suggests.

There've been a fair few Saturday's when we've gone shopping/into London/to meet some of her friends for lunch instead of searching for a reliable stream. First season where that's become fairly regular for me.

Think I'll be more likely to go to away games next year, especially as we'll have left London and its disproportionately priced tickets. (£50 for QPR)?!

There are tens of thousands who will always still go for the day out on the peeve, regardless of the shite being served up and there's nowt wrong with that. It's more moronic for the likes of me tuning in every weekend on their laptop. Like trophyshy said, logging on here while watching makes it a less soul destroying experience

I'm not even watching the games via a stream or when we're on Sky any more with the odd rare exception.

Anyway, I wish people would at least consider ditching their season tickets. Giving Ashley all that money upfront means there's fuck all pressure on him to deliver on promises. It would be good if people used the leverage to try and effect a change, especially next season (and possibly beyond) when the ticket revenue carries a lot more weight. I know people will have already renewed but loads are on the direct debit scheme which could be stopped easily.

I'm not even watching the games via a stream or when we're on Sky any more with the odd rare exception.

Anyway, I wish people would at least consider ditching their season tickets. Giving Ashley all that money upfront means there's fuck all pressure on him to deliver on promises. It would be good if people used the leverage to try and effect a change, especially next season (and possibly beyond) when the ticket revenue carries a lot more weight. I know people will have already renewed but loads are on the direct debit scheme which could be stopped easily.

Season ticket revenue is a small proportion of the income that the club makes

I really don't understand why people want others to give up watching their team play, not when it won't even effect if Ashley stays or not

Still won't matter too Ashley, if anything empty seats will put off potential buyers

I'm not suggesting it would definitely work. For one thing I think gates will remain quite high. I do think it would have an impact though were it to happen outside the PL. I don't understand why you don't think it would matter to the owner. It was never really tested last time as we came straight back up with good crowds. I also think Ashley is far more sensitive to criticism and negative press than how he is often portrayed. On top of that you have Sports Direct shares doing badly which also means any financial loss has more impact on him (I would imagine).

As for potential buyers, any worth their salt would realise the potential of the place but if anything has put them off it's been the sale price.

i mainly do it out of habit, a very strange masochistic habit.