Norwich V Newcastle / Saturday / 3PM / Carrow Road

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do recall him having a decent game at fullback tbh but I can't remember who it was against, like. The only other good game he had last season was the West Ham relegation decider game.

I do recall him having a decent game at fullback tbh but I can't remember who it was against, like. The only other good game he had last season was the West Ham relegation decider game.

Swansea? We actually lost 3-2 after scoring first....

But he did well at fullback under the circumstances

I'm reasonably confident that we can get a good result from this game if we can stay compact and the defence offer some cover for the keeper who will need help. We have some good players who clearly weren't playing for McClaren and we have a top manager who can organise us and can actually add to and change our game during the game and that is quite a strange feeling.
This is a game I'm actually looking forward to watching to be honest and regardless of what some say, it's not a must win game even if we could do with all 3 points as we could lose this and still stay up but I think we will win.
The bottom teams are where they are for a reason and we're the only ones who have good reason to be positive and the reason is our new manager.
Bring it on.

Howay the lads.

Giving the howking we gave them last year, their home advantage, our insane away form and the gigantic prize of safety it's difficult to see how we'll win this. Score draw.

Pique* but yes, that's about where I am. Not fully sure we're doomed but mostly sure.

He'd be handy for us right now for sure!

Not interested in this at all as I am 100% certain we are doomed. Not even going to watch it.

Only thing that could peak my interest would be the inclusion of certain unused players.

Which unused players?

If Shelvey gets a yellow he will get a two game ban so he will have to tread very carefully. The yellow card card count will be reset after the Norwich game.

Edited by Slayer

A year ago if you'd have said having Rob Elliot missing relegated us, I and most others would have said you were an idiot. He's been our best player this season and wi Darlow needs to play out of us skin for us to avoid playing Burton Albion home and away. According to Carragher it took Rafa a full season before everyone understood exactly what he wanted from his players, lets hope its a month rather than a year with us. We all have opinions, but just what do we do? Employ a gung ho formation? Or a very defensive one? Or continue with the 8 months of shit we've had so far. Honestly though I would drop Sissoko now. It's not just his ability its his lack of effort, he's built like Vieira but plays like a coward. I hate to say this but I don't think we'll win tomorrow I hope I'm wrong as having said that they have only scored 4 goals in their last 8 games.

Edited by McFaul

When people talk about players being cowards. Are they talking about flying into tackles or having the balls to get on the ball and trying to make things happen in a struggling team?

Because the first doesn't happen anymore, anywhere. If it's the second Sissoko is not a coward, he has played badly and has lacked quality but has always shown for the ball and made himself available. Cowardly in my mind is playing safe, five yard square balls that the recipient loses but you are blameless because you didn't have the ball, Colback basically.

Fair point like - I think the Sissoko thing comes from him generally not looking arsed rather than a fear of getting on the ball.

As for the overall 'coward' thing on here, you'll need Essemmbee to explain that one. Being dutch makes you a coward automatically, but the rules after that seem inconsistent.

Sissoko gets grief for his lack of heart because we've all seen him put in some barnstorming performances and yet most of the time he flounces around like he doesn't give a shit.

Sissoko gets grief for his lack of heart because we've all seen him put in some barnstorming performances and yet most of the time he flounces around like he doesn't give a shit.

It's more the lack of conviction, composure and quality in the final third that pisses me off.

He doesnt know how to use his frame to protect the ball. People half his size are stronger on the ball than him. You just cant help but think what a player he could be if he applied himself properly.

A year ago if you'd have said having Rob Elliot missing relegated us, I and most others would have said you were an idiot. He's been our best player this season and wi Darlow needs to play out of us skin for us to avoid playing Burton Albion home and away. According to Carragher it took Rafa a full season before everyone understood exactly what he wanted from his players, lets hope its a month rather than a year with us. We all have opinions, but just what do we do? Employ a gung ho formation? Or a very defensive one? Or continue with the 8 months of shit we've had so far. Honestly though I would drop Sissoko now. It's not just his ability its his lack of effort, he's built like Vieira but plays like a coward. I hate to say this but I don't think we'll win tomorrow I hope I'm wrong as having said that they have only scored 4 goals in their last 8 games.

Said when Rafa arrived we have to play attacking football as it'll be our best form of defense. We haven't got the players at the back to play counter attack without conceding a lot.

The team announced for the mackems gave me hope benitez agreed. The performance showed we don't have the players for pressing opponents either unfortunately :(